Chapter 6

I slowly got out of bed. I stretched out and noticed there was a note on my bedside. I picked up. "Laura. Thanks for last night. I brought my stuff home so don't worry about it. I wanted to talk but I guess I'm not ready yet. I'll see you around. ~Ross." Why does this seem forced to me? It doesn't sound like him at all! Or maybe I'm still a little sleepy and losing it! There is no way he wrote this to me! No way! I picked up my phone and slowly called the number that probably blocked my call.

"Ross." He answered. I smiled. "Did you leave this note for me?" I asked. It was silent for a moment. "Yeah. Yes I did." He said. "So that's it?" I asked. "That's it." He said. I bit my lip. It's officially over. He's not gonna give me another chance. I lost him. "I understand." I say. "Okay. Well I'm gonna....go." He trailed. "Alright bye. See you around." I sighed hanging up. He's gone. He's no longer mine. Who am I kidding? He was never mine since the situation. I need to get over it. I need to move on.

"Yo! Yo! How is my favorite gal doing?" Alex asked me. I forced a smile. "Not well but I'll manage." I sighed. "Awe. Why do you look so glum? Boy troubles?" He asked. I smiled. "No I do not want the details." He said. My smile faltered. "Fine. Fine. Tell me all about it. If it has any nudity or anything with parts touching other parts I don't want to hear it." He scolded. I chuckled. "No. Although I wish that would've happened last night." I say. He rolled his eyes getting up. I laughed pulling him back.

"So that's it?" He asked after I finished explaining it to him. I nodded pushing my nose back into the magazine I was reading. "I don't want to force him but I also don't want to have false hope." I say. "Laura. Did you tell him straight up how you felt?" He asked. I shook my head. "He's hurting. I hurt him. All he cares about right now is healing himself before coming back out to be hurt again. He trusted me. Only me and I ruined that. He may never trust me again. Like ever." I tell him honestly.

"Laura. Did you tell him you wanted him back? Or that you were willing to make things work?" He asked. I shook my head. "I don't want to force him into accepting me. I've made mistakes. Really stupid and dumb mistakes but like they say. We learn from our mistakes right? I didn't know exactly what I had til it was ripped away from me. But I'm willing to try and move on. He's made it clear that's what he plans to do." I say sadly. "Well. All I'm hearing is gibberish. You need to prove to him just how much he means to you." He said tapping my back.

He's right. "Hey? What's going on over there? Isn't that Ross?" He asked. I looked over and seen Ross with his fists balled up ready to punch him in his face. It was like a lion versus an antelope. "Break it up!" I heard the coach shout as the boys dispersed. He kept smirking at Ross as he glared at him. I slowly walked over to make sure he was okay. "What was that about?" I asked. He looked at me as he shut his locker and walked away swearing.

"Hey. We're going out to dinner. Why don't you join us?" Rydel surprisingly invited me. "You sure? I thought you didn't want to see me? All of you didn't want to see me?" I asked her. "Well we all learn to forgive and forget right?" She asked. "Rydel? What is up with you Lynch today?" I asked. "Are you coming or not?" She asked. I nodded. "Great. See you at 8." She said blowing kisses and dashing away. I just stared blankly at where she once stood. Am I missing something? I looked around rubbing my head. Wait. She was nervous?

She was nervous. She was hiding something. She is hiding something. I didn't put too much thought into it. Instead I focused on what I should wear to the dinner tonight. Should I do the whole, Trashy but stays classy bit or try something else. 'This is the Lynch. You have gone to dinner with them plenty of times. Relax and just be yourself.' My consious told me. My mind couldn't help but wonder what it was about Rydel. Something was off. Not just her behavior but something else too. What was it? Exactly what was it? Hair? Shoes?

"Have I ever told you guys how much I hate shopping?" She asked as we all waited for our orders to come in. I ordered light because I had this heavy feeling in my chest. There was this anxious feeling bubbling inside my stomach and I was kinda afraid of probably throwing up if I ordered like everyone else. "Yes. Like a billion times.." Ryland rolled his eyes at his sister groaning. I cracked a smile. Some things never change. Riker, Rocky and Ellington were all giving me the glare. I shifted slightly trying to avoid their stares at me.

"So...Um? Laura. How are you?" Rocky breaks the awkward silence. "I'm fine. And you guys?" I asked. "Oh we're fine. Thanks for asking." They answered in unsion. Ross narrowed his eyes at me. Examining me throughly. I looked at Rydel pursing me lips. She smiled apologetically. "This is so awkward. Can we all just talk about anything without having that feeling weighing on us?" I asked. They looked at their brother who nodded then looked back at me. "I apologise for the damage that I have caused and I'm going to pay for it. I have been." I mumbled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally got it! The Update and I love it! Comment and Vote!!!!!!
~Ash