3) Laughing Jack X Male Reader: 1st one shot - Sometimes love doesn't work out

Warning: mentions of alcoholism, Angst

3rd persons pov:

Laughing Jack and (y/n) had been friends with each other for many years by now, other than Jack (Y/n) never had friends that stuck around. They would always disappear without a word. Jack was the only one that stayed with him and cared for him. Even though no one else saw Laughing Jack and everyone else thought that he was just an imaginary friend or that you need to see a psychiatrist, you always believed in Jack. Your attachment to that clown has always been strong. 

As time went on the line between friendship and love. You are head over heels for the clown and today you will take that final step by confessing. 

The clown was told to come to the Sather Park. It was unusual for you to make a request, he was quite surprised, since you have always been shy, never daring to ask for much. After coming to the park he saw (y/n) sitting on a bench, he sat down next to his human friend. "Hi (Y/n) so what did you want to show me".

"I'm happy to see you, I need to tell you something that has been troubling me for a long time. I have romantic feelings for you" you confessed while looking at Jack with hopeful expression."Look (y/n), I like you but we just wouldn't work out." The hopeful expression on your face turned into tears. "Forget it, it was a joke"  you smiled nervously but the tears didn't stop.

"Oh (Y/n) that's not what I meant. It's just th-" "I'm not listening to you. It was a joke." You argued as you covered your ears and started repeating those words. This wasn't going well so you decided to run.

The clown hasn't moved from the place where he sat when (Y/n) confessed to him. He was worried and wanted to fix this awkward situation. After an idea struck his mind. He ran to (Y/n)s house and checked his room but he wasn't there. He knew that there was only one place where he could've gone. 

He ran to an old abounded building, where they first met. That embarrassing moment still brought up a lot of nostalgia for you both. It was the reason why you stopped drinking and quite frankly it did make you consider taking a trip to the mental hospital. Now, this is the place you go to when you are troubled or feel as though you need to get your life together. 

Jack opened the door, with incredible force. "That's not what I meant (Y/n), it's not that I don't like you or have anything against you." You couldn't care less about his stupid excuses, why can't he just accept that it was a "joke"? Your ears were covered with your hands while you kept on repeating the words "It was a joke, forget about it," hoping that he would let it go and yet he didn't. 

"Stop" he hissed. "Look, it's not that I want to stay friends with you, or that I view you as lesser. I just don't think I will be able to take losing you if we took things to the next stage. You are human. You will leave your mortal body eventually. I love you but we this won't be any good for either one of us." He sat down next to you, awaiting your response.

"I will die, either way, Jack"

"And yet your death will come much sooner if you get too involved with someone like me."

Even if he was right, this still hurt to hear.