4: Banana and Strawberry Yogurt

I hummed softly as I started walking home. OneRepublic is just amazing. I have many bands and independent singers that I love.

I heard a car coming up towards this rode, making my eyebrows furrow.

Not many cars came down this way. Especially at this time.

"Isobel!"

And now I understood.

Sighing, I turned and looked at the car that was now right by me. "Hi Chase.."

He got out of his car and walked up to me.

"What were you doing with that guy?" He asked, crossing his arms.

I fidgeted nervously. "Like I said before.. He's my photography partner.."

"Photography partner? Since when are you in photography class?" His eyebrows furrowed. "Are you lying? Are you fuc-"

"No! No no.. Nothing like that!.. I've been in photography since ninth grade.. I've told you that before.. I talk about it.. Don't you remember?" I asked, rubbing my arm.

He scoffed. "I don't need to always listen to you. It's always about you, isn't it." He stated, rolling his eyes.

"What?.." I trail off.

What I wanted to say was something like this: Me? It's always about me? All we do is talk about how your basketball is going and how much you love your pathetic muscles! When I do try to talk, you just cut me off. I never want to see your face again, so bah bye.

But if course, I didn't say that.

"Don't talk back to me, Isobel. I don't like it when people talk back to me. You know that." He grits out.

I back away a bit, trying to get a little distance between us. I can smell perfume on him. And it's not mine. I don't wear perfume much.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to.." I whispered out.

He rolled his eyes and looked around before taking a cigaret out and lighting it. He huffs it in then slowly blows it out.

I violently cough, waving a hand around. He knows I can't handle the smell.

"I'm gonna get going again. I needa get home." I told him.

"Ah ah ah. Not so fast. How about you come to my place, babe?" He asked, huffing more of the smoke out.

"Sorry, Chase. I can't. My mom is expecting me to be home. Ill talk to you tomorrow, yea?"

I didn't wait for a reply. I just started walking back.

"Don't just walk away from me." He grabbed my arm, digging his fingers into my arm.

It was getting too cold now. I needed to get my jacket out of my backpack. And he just made me colder. His touch didn't bring warmth like a boyfriends should. It brought cold shivers.

He yanked me to him, his fingers digging even more into my arm. I whimpered and tried to get out of his hold.

"Let. Go. Of. Me." I try pulling my arm out of his grip, but it's just not working.

He snickered and held onto my other arm as well, digging those fingers into my skin as well. I would have some serious bruises.

"Ill scream." I warned, looking away.

I was getting just a 'little' tired of this happening. I was getting sick of the bruises. I was getting sick of having to tell people I was just clumsy.. And I mean yea.. I was a klutz. But still.. I got most bruises and scratches from this monster.

"Go ahead. No ones gonna hear. You know it, too." He chuckled out.

I shuddered and kept my eyes away from him. He found joy in hurting me. He could laugh as he hurt me. Itwas sick.

"That's what I thought." He sneered.

And then I snapped. It just happened. I kept telling myself to not give into it. The thing inside of me that wanted me to just scream at him.

"Shut the hell up you sick bastard. Let go of me. I'm done. We're done." I kept my voice steady at least.

His eyes narrowed as he pulled a hand off my arm and slapped me. My head snapped to the left, that's how hard it was.

I whimpered and bright my hand up, cupping my cheek.

"You bitch. I give you everything! No one wants you! I'm the one that puts up with you, the only one. And this is how you repay me?!" He pulled his hand back, bringing the back of his hand across my other cheek.

I glared at his chest, trying to keep the tears at bay.

"Awww. You gonna cry now? It's what you deserved. Don't you dare cry. I could've done worse. You know it, too."

I bit my lip hard, blinking away the tears.

But one escaped.

It trailed down my cheek, annoyingly slow. It dropped down to my chin, then dripped into his arm.

"Your such a baby. Get home, you worthless girl."

He let go of me, rather harshly, and walked to his car. He picked his cigaret off of the hood of his car, then got in. He sped off, leaving me there.

I took a deep breath in, wiping away the wet trail where the tear had fell.

I started on my way home again, trying to keep my mind off of Chase. I hated him.

And for some reason, Hayden popped into my mind.

He was pretty cute.. I didn't like the guys who had lots of muscle. Hayden had muscle, but it didn't bulge out. He had just the right amount. And his eyes... He had beautiful brown eyes that I just wanted to swim in. His nose wasn't straight, meaning he's had it broken before. But it was still cute. He had light freckles across his nose too. He was about six foot two. Much taller than me.

I shook my head, trying to rid my mind of him. Why was I thinking of him?

His shirt smelt amazing too..

Oh my gosh.. My conscious was annoying sometimes.

I rubbed at my cheeks, wincing at the pain that followed.

Yep. Two new bruises to look forward too.
Please note the sarcasm.

~~~~~

Home sweet home.
I thought as I say down on the couch, eating yogurt.

My mom wasn't home. She was at the hospital still.

And yea. I lied to Chase. What do you expect?

And my dad? Well.. He's a story I can't talk about. Not yet, dear reader.

I put another spoon full of yogurt in my mouth, sighing.

Banana and strawberry yogurt is my favorite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did yah like it? Thank you for reading! Let me know what you thought of this chapter! It would be very helpful!