{TWENTY THREE}

the stuff in italics are her thoughts, time skips, or alternative POV's

-

I could hear the door swing open. I wasn't sure how long it had been quiet for. I wish I could move, but I couldn't.

"Hey, Cat. I know you can't hear me, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. For everything."

I could hear everything.

I listened to him talk, and talk for practically hours it felt.

Then it was silent again.

-

Two weeks later

I could hear the doctors talking to Joji, saying it had already been 14 days, and that if I wasn't going to wake up within the next six days, they were going to take me off of life support.

Joji's POV

"We're giving her six more days. I'll leave you alone now." The doctor told me, his American accent heavy. I felt myself tearing up.

I walked over to cat, taking a seat in one of the uncomfortable hospital chairs. I took Cat's limp, cold hand in mine. She felt dead. I didn't like it one bit.

I brought her hand to my mouth, kissing it softly. I felt her pinky finger move against my face, and moved her hand to where I could see it. Her fingers started twitching, then curled into her palm and stopped.

Holy shit.

I traced small shapes into her palm, and moved all around her hand. Her fingers twitched again, but of course, stopped.

"J-Joji?" She stuttered, looking at me.

"I can't feel anything." She told me, squeezing my hand again.

"I'm gonna go get a nurse." I said, getting up and running out the door. I asked the first nurse I saw what to do because she woke up, and he told me he'd send for Cat's nurse.

A few minutes later, her nurse, she and I were all the room, the doctor examining her.

"Is it normal that I can't feel anything?" She asked, you could hear the innocence in her voice.

"You'll regain the feeling in a few hours, but it could take up to a day or two."

"Shit." She looked down at her fingers. Cat looked extremely pale, paler than usual. Her veins were more visible.

"I need a cigarette." she said, running a hand through her hair.

"I'm pretty sure I have a pack in the car." I offered.

"No, its fine. My parents didn't show up did they?" She asked. I shook my head.

I really hated being afraid of talking to my own girlfriend. I didn't even know if she still was my girlfriend.

"A-are we... still..." I stumbled over my words and she just nodded.

"I could hear everything you said. Every conversation you had with Max, or the nurses or doctors. They were going to take me off life support."

"Yeah." I grabbed her hand. She was still cold.

She shifted, patting the space next to her.

"I don't think-" she cut me off with a look that said I don't care.

I knew the feeling of a hard hospital bed all too well. I knew the feeling of being hooked up to so many machines you could hardly move. I hated it.

Cat laid her head on my shoulder. I had missed this so much.

"I wanna go home." Her breath was so cold against my skin it gave me chills.

"I know. I do too."

"Have you been here the entire time?" I just nodded. "Why?"

"I love you."

-
Heckkk I'm trying to make the chapters longer but idk howwww I suck at writing