Chapter 2- Classic Kidnap.

This lady could have been anything. A cosplayer, trying to scare me by having her friends dressed as vampires, or an actor paid to scare me back to the institute. But no, she just had to be, or possibly, the leader of a vampire gang.

It was bad enough that someone held my arms, making me defenseless behind me, but a lady showing a pair of her fangs at me, sharp as a knife. That's just not something you could feel happy and calm about.

The lady slowly lowered her fangs with a smirk replacing, I started to struggle with what strength I had. I was never the toughest person ever, but I was never the weakest. Giving a sharp kick up with both my legs, since the person behind me stood as still as a wall, I decided to use it as a wall; I pushed my body up, and kicked roughly. Needless to say, it was the best shorta-kick I ever done, but unfortunately, the person grabbed my sides, slamming me onto the floor, were pain shot from my feet, to my lower abdomen. I almost shedded a single tear, but I blinked them away. Crying would only make the situation worse.

Slowly, I sunk down onto the person. From the gripe it had on my sides, I could tell it was a boy. I never knew that so much pain would strike my feet, just from being slammed down. But the pain stung enough to have my legs give out, and me, practically, lay on the guy. I thought I was going to sink to the floor like slime, but the guy lifted my sides, causing me to dangle a couple inches off the floor. Turning my head, I got a look at him, he looked so pale, yet tan in a way. As if he was a Latino vampire. But he could just be a guy with a used-to-be tan. I have no room to judge.

"Raphael, lets not break the little Shadowhunter before we have a chance to use her. It is not every day a Shadowhunter walks into the hotel completely unarmed." The woman looked pasted me, so I took into consideration, Raphael was the guy behind me, holding me upright so I wouldn't fall.

"Look, I just walked into, what I thought was a normal hotel, to get away from-" I spoke, but couldn't admit I was a Shadowhunter. I only had a couple runes, 3 at the most, but all were concealed, hidden from sight. Most likely because of my jacket. If I admitted to being a Shadowhunter, then I would be putting most of
everyone at the Institute in danger, and I'll just be watching as the bait. Certain times call for desperate measure: I decided to use my 'play dumb card.' "I don't know why you're surrounding me. I'm just an ordinary mu-human." Most humans don't call themselves mundanes, most Shadowhunters use the word "mundane" for humans. It would sound more mundane not to use mundane rather than human. Confusing, right?

The woman smirked me, taking a couple of steps closer to me. Her appearance was crystal clear to me, as if crystals didn't draw attention to her already. Looking around the room, I noticed a vampire, maybe 2, in every corner of the room. Probably her bodyguards.

"Soon enough, you will exactly what I'm talking about. But if you wanted a room, we should give to you. After all, you should be sleeping by now." The lady nodded to the boy behind me and my arms were held firmer to my sides than before. "We can't have you awake all night, can we? We will have asleep in no time. But who can sleep peacefully, in a hotel with vampires?" The rhetorical question made me shiver with nervousness.

With what little strength I had, I struggled. Even if my legs sended me constant reminders that they didn't have much left in them to struggle. I kicked and twisted in Raphael's arms, wincing through the pain. But, to no surprise, my wincing kicks and struggles weren't match the completely fine vampire holding me down.

"Do not struggle against me, Shadowhunter girl. You wouldn't want any broken bones, would you?" As I expected, Latino. His accent was clear, and deep. What he spoke should have scared me, but I felt nothing besides determination.

"None of you are going get away with this. I'm no use anyone." I stated, calmly. Raphael had one of arms to the point of breaking if he wanted to, causing any movement to put my arm in danger of being broken. If I even tried to struggle, I would probably end up with a useless broken arm. Raphael was handed a rag from someone in the room, and I've watched too many horror stories to know I was going to get drugged.

"Oh darling," the lady spoke, grinning, "there's always a use for someone. Especially a Shadowhunter, regardless of how old or new you are." She looked at Raphael one last time, before turning around, and, in a blink of an eye, disappearing.

This was one of those situations were I needed to get out, but had nothing to think of. School doesn't exactly cover the kidnap topic. Or conserve your oxygen from a rag.

Raphael placed the rag on the lower half of my body, starting from the bridge of my nose, and down. I held in my breathe.

"I know you are faking it. You have not had one breathe of air." Raphael spoke. "I have all the time in the world, to see if you breathe, you know."

After that I gave up, breathing in, and letting me fall into both Raphael's arms, and sleepness.