"Love Is War"

Today was Friday and it was time for the test. I help Hibiki study on Wednesday and yesterday Cherry and Hiro joined us. It was kinda fine... I guess. I never had friends that hangout with me as much as the 3 of them had. Now we were in class readying for our test.

"Start!", the teacher announced and the students started on their test. Most of the question were no problem. The teacher said we had to be one of the top 10 to get a full grade, and I was sure I am going to.

Soon after our hour of testing time,"End! Put down your pencils and pen and pass your test in the front!!", The teacher command and we did.

"What do you think you guys did??", Cherry ask us suing our lunch break.

"I am think I did fine... I hope so anyways", Hiro said.

"I am fine with mine..", I said and stuck a sushi in my mouth.

"Hehe! Kanzaki taught me well, so I'll do great! I'll be in the top 10!", Hibiki yelled fisting the air.

"Shut up! You're killing my ear drums!!", I yelled. The others laugh and we had a great time, but it was ruin by a loud voice calling my name. We all turn to face a girl with a long black hair, she had a mad expression with her left hand on her hip.

"Kanzaki Holmes!!", she shouts.

"What do you want?", I said a my normal monotone not giving attention to her, because I was eating.

"I want to talk to you after school, so you better be at the backyard!", she them stomped away. My 3 friend turn their gaze tours me, I didn't give a damn shit and kept eating.

"Who was that..??", Hiro ask. Cherry and I shrugged.

"Oh! That Saki Sumari, she is from class B-4 and she is also a great friend of mine!!", Hibiki said.

"I see..", I said. I felt hurt for some reason... Did I eat something wrong? My stomach felt weird.. Ugh! Whatever!

After School
I did as Saki said and went to backyard. I told the others to go on ahead. I turn around the corner and saw Saki with 2 other girls.

"I see... You came", Saki gave me a devilish smile.

"What do you want?? Get it over with, there is my "Boyfriend", called FOOD waiting for me at home", I said.

"Then let get down to business!", Just as Saki said that the 2 other girl came up to me and grab both of my hand. I try to struggle but I couldn't, their grip was too strong. Saki laughed and lift up my chin forcefully,"This is what you get for going near MY Hibiki!", she spat.

"Yea! No one is allow to go near Hibiki-Senpai but Saki-Hime!!", one of the girls holding yell.

"Yea!", The other agreed.

"Tsk! I don't give a fuck about you", I said.

"Don't fucking talk to me like that!!", Saki rises her hand and slapped me across my face, and another, and another, and another...

"Don't ever touch my Hibiki again!!", she yell and left with the other 2 following her. I kneel down and rub my cheeks.

"Idiot.. He is the one going near me..", I mumble under my breath. I went over to the sink at the back of the school where the athletes practice. I wash my face, and I felt refresh. I went back to go home, I walked and saw Hibiki with his hand behind his head and his left leg against the wall. Hibiki ran over to me,"Kanzaki!! Hehe, I waited for you!".

"Hmm..", I said. There was a small silence, Hibiki lift up my chin and we made deep eye contact, as I Looked Up.

"Kanzaki... What happen to your cheeks... They all red!!", Hibiki cupped my cheek with concern look on his face.

"Ohh! This is nothing, I was waiting for Saki but she didn't come. So I went to see if she was near the tennis court and while I was there I got in the face....", I said, without showing any emotion so he won't know I was lying.

All of a sudden Hibiki brought me into a hug, and I was standing on my tip toe.

It was warm, soft, and cozy. I felt safe in his arm."Kanzaki, don't lie to me... Got it?!?", Hibiki shout and tensed up.

"Hmm.. Sorry..", For such a long time I haven't feel this good, too my surprised I slowly hugged back.

"Hibiki.. Thank you..", I mumble.

"Anything for you", Those words meant so much more to me than anything. I haven't had someone that truly cared for me, my parent are always out and away. I was always alone, but a warm arm rose me up from the darkness... Hibiki.

Soon Hibiki pull away, and I Looked Up as he looked down at me. He put on a sweet smile while I just stood there with emotionless face.

"Kanzaki, Let's go home!", he said and he let out his hand to me. I looked at his hand and then back at him. He nod, and I took his hand and walked home, hand in hand.

For such a long time I felt good, safe around someone. This person that made me feel things I never felt tours other. This person that truly cares for me. This person that look after me.

Watashi wa anata no mawari no anzen o kanjiru hibiki, arigatōgozaimasu....