☾1☽

❝It's not exactly love at first sight.

It is more like soul recognition.

 -Lynette Simeone

»

Harry was sitting on a tall bar stool at the island in his kitchen. His binder sat at his side, opened up to pages of notes and important context. His textbook sat above his notebook, its pages had brightly colored sticky notes placed on the side and top parts of the page. Harry was writing down in his notebook, occasionally looking back at the piece of paper with the questions he was given for homework. He was in deep concentration when his mom came into the kitchen and took the garbage bag out of the silver, step-on trash bin.

She tied it together before saying, "Harry, can you please take this out?"

Harry groaned, letting his pencil fall with a small thump on the notebook. He slided off the bar stool, his long legs giving him an advantage to get off the thing easily. He moved towards to his short, but still adorable mother. Anne gave him a grateful smile, passing him the white trash bag. "Thank you, sweetie."

"No problem," Harry called out, already walking to the door. He opened it and walked outside, stepping down the small-length concrete stairs. Walking around his house, Harry began down the path located at the side of his house towards the small wooden gate in the back. The gate was next to a large tree that grew in the middle of his house and his neighbor's house. It was enormous actually. Wide and thick. It was stable enough to climb. Not that he has tried to.

Harry opened the gate to his backyard and went straight towards the garbage bin, throwing the white bag of trash inside. He let the bin close itself as he started walking back to the house. On his way back, he noticed through the small gaps in the wooden fence that separated his house from the neighbor's that a blond boy was sitting on a wooden porch swing. He seemed to be deeply concentrated in writing in his black notebook.

Harry looked all around his backyard until he spotted a wooden crate near the garbage bin. He went back to fetch it and noticed it had a some wooden planks missing. He shrugged and walked back to his previous spot, flipping it downwards and placing it on the ground. He stepped on it slowly first before getting on it all at once.

He held onto the middle gaps of the fence and viewed over his neighbor's backyard. It had an outside table, a grill, a small garden, and a porch swing. It was well kept as Harry noticed that the grass was neatly cut too.

"Hi."

The blond boy put a stop to his writing and quickly lifted his head. He scanned his surroundings with a frown until his eyes noticed the sudden face that appeared from the other side of the fence. It was almost hard to miss the dark, long hair that sat on his neighbor's head. Niall put his pen inside his black notebook and closed it.

"Hello."

Harry leaned his body forward. "How are you?"

"I'm—I'm alright."

"That's great."

"Yeah. . ."

Harry nodded at the sudden silence. His neighbor didn't seem to be good at conversation starters. That was okay. It just made it harder for Harry to know what to do. He hasn't seen his neighbor since. . . since well the night he decided to sit on the roof. And that was like two weeks ago. "So. . . I saw you writing. Is like writing your hobby or something?"