☾0☽

❝People are not mirrors. 

They see you completely different than the way you see yourself.

»

     It was a warm Sunday evening, just a few hours before Monday came along to take over. Harry had just finished all of his homework he had left for the last minute. He actually felt proud of himself considering the fact that he usually leaves his homework to the actual last minute, meaning doing it a half hour in the morning before he went to school.

Harry gathered up his papers in a big pile and stuffed them into his binder so he could just throw the binder in his schoolbag on the way out in the morning. After checking his phone for any notifications, he cleared off his desk so he could begin getting ready to go to bed.  By clearing, it was really just pushing everything aside to leave space for tomorrow's homework. He's going to be hunched over his desk for who knows how long. Probably until senior year was over, maybe not even then. 

With a long, tired sigh, Harry turned off his small lamp he kept on his desk for nights when he was studying for tests. After the small patch of light was flickered off, he sat there in darkness, taking in the peacefulness he had always taken for granted. With getting ready for college and trying to survive another year of absolute hell, Harry was generally just tired of everything. Tired of existing more like. It was too much to try and be someone. 

With those thoughts in mind, Harry's eyes searched the outside of the large window before him. He was never good at distinguishing things in the dark. So when he saw someone—or rather his neighbor sitting on the roof top of his house, Harry almost threw himself forward, blinking rapidly and wondering if he was just so tired of schoolwork that his mind was starting to go completely insane.

With a few minutes adjusting to the dark around him, he finally began seeing more details of his neighbor other than the dark, grey shadowy outline on his figure. The blond was picking at his light blue jeans, the sleeves of his baby blue sweatshirt were rolled up his arms and his general vibe seemed. . . down.

Harry had never really made actual intended contact with his neighbor except for a few times when his family needed to borrow the neighbor's tool supplies because who knows what happened to their own. During those exceptional times, his neighbor seemed like a bright fellow. Not bright as in excellently smart—not that Harry would be surprised if he was smart—but bright as in the shining sun. Bright like the cheerful, hot days in summer when kids would play with water balloons and eat ice cream because the hot sun allowed them to while their parents enjoyed the calmness of their family time. 

Bright like that feeling you got when you were with that certain someone who faded away your problems for a while and made you laugh so hard that you got a good workout from it. It was like tasting the sweetness from valentine's day candy and it made your day a bit better. 

That was like how his neighbor seemed. 

Just a bright fellow.

But seeing him sitting there as the dark night began taking over the washed out pink, purple, and orange colors of the once blue sky was a whole different perspective. At least to Harry anyway.

So Harry couldn't help it if he thought his neighbor would do something that wasn't good. If it was normal for people to go out on their roofs when nobody was around, well, maybe Harry would have left it alone but it wasn't like that. 

The brunet couldn't help himself but stay glued to his seat in the darkness and watch out for his neighbor. He would never forgive himself if something happened, whether it was an accident or on purpose, and he could have taken action somehow. 

The world already had way over enough of selfish, careless people in the world and Harry sure as hell wasn't going to be adding to that. 

After a few hours, almost to midnight, Harry watched the blond stand up from the same spot he had been sitting on for a while and started climbing up towards the window that belonged to his room and disappear inside it. 

Once that was done with, Harry got up, his legs feeling numb and his body just too tired to do anything else. He closed his notebook that he was doodling in when he was watching his neighbor and plugged in his almost completely drained phone. He got ready for bed quickly and crawled under his sheets, his body quickly molding against the soft mattress. 

Harry looked at the pure darkness around him before closing his eyes and meeting the same dark scene.