Chapter Twenty-Four

Ellie’s POV

The door slammed behind me as I sipped quietly on my Starbucks. Lilly flopped down on the chair next to me like the drama queen she is.

“What now?” I asked, not turning from my coffee.

“Andy’s such a slut, but he is playing right into my hands so it’s not that bad.”

“If only you applied your skills of manipulation to something useful.”

“This is useful.”

“Satisfying your unnatural sexual urges in not useful, Lilly.

“It is to me.” Lilly said sitting up to face the same way I was. “So what are we doing today?”

“Well,” I said. “We’ve already packed and don’t have to leave for London until tomorrow. So basically whatever the fuck we want. But I did promise both Natty and Drew that we’d Skype them today.”

“We should do that first, I think.” Lilly slowly stood up and made her way to the door. “Imma go get Belle the fuck outta bed.”

That’ll be fun for Belle, I thought to myself. I picked up my empty cup and went to go find a rubbish bin. The lounge and kitchen were empty, which I was okay with. I hadn’t really talked to any of the guys yet so if they were around right now, I’d just stand in the corner awkwardly anyway.

I picked up my laptop bag from beside the couch were I’d left it the night before and emptied the contents onto the table. My laptop started up as Lilly dragged a half asleep Belle out of their room. Lilly had changed into black skinny jeans that were completely pointless due to all the rips up the legs.

“Why am I here?” Belle moaned as she curled up in a ball on the couch.

 “Some people believe we are here to serve God and others believe we had no purpose.” I started. “But I’ve always thought that we are here just to live our lives in a way that makes us happy. You see-“

“Shut up, Ellie.”

“You asked, dude.”

“You are here because we are going to Skype our friends back home that are not lucky enough to be going to London!” Lilly interrupted.

“Fair enough.”

“Oh look Drew is on.” I said, pointing to the screen. Drew was our friend that was in New Zealand for the year on an exchange from Germany. He was so much fun and was caring; no one was looking forward to having to say goodbye to him at of the year.

“Hello my chicks! How are we all in the big old city of Sydney!” He screamed over the camera when he picked up our call. Drew was also one of the most out and proud people you will ever meet. He was so flamboyant but that never bothered any of us. Things only ever got awkward when we caught him checking out the same guys as us. While we chatted about what he would be up to while we were away, I heard people coming in and out of the kitchen, presumably making themselves breakfast. I guess it was the Stack boys but I didn’t really bother to turn around and check. However, the conversation soon turned to them.

“So, girlys! I was Googling these boys that you are staying with and I think I found some old and new photos.” I tried to turn around subtly to see if the guys were watching, but I couldn’t find out before Drew continued. “The older ones they look like transvestites, but my god! They are hot now! Like seriously, do any of those boys swing my way?”

I heard someone choke on their water and I just buried my head in my hands. Almost everyone I knew was fine with Drew and his sexuality, but I think sometimes he forgot that not all males are gay.