Chapter Ten

Shaun's POV

I studied my surroundings as I sat down awkwardly on the seat nearest me. The airport was bustling with people coming and going, people leaving for good and people reuniting with their families. Usually when I was in an airport, I was the one leaving and I was being mobbed by fan girls. Belle’s flight was set to land in about five minutes; five minutes to prepare myself.

I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from her as we had only talked over Facebook chat. I guess this was my chance to really get to know her better. Sam had caught me talking to her at one point. When she did, she got this look on her face that reminded me of jealousy and betrayal. I had tried to explain to her what was going on, but it didn’t wipe that look off her face. I had been back in Sydney with Andy and Bradie for the last few days though, meaning I was able to talk to Belle without upsetting Sam.

I watched out the window for a while before I spotted a plane coming into land just outside of the gate. I stood up and walked over to a closer window in order to get a better view of who was exiting the plane. I couldn’t really make out any faces, so I moved over to the gate and waited. First a few people in suits came through the door, followed by what looked like some Kiwi tourists. Then I saw a girl approaching the door. Her head was down, looking at the iPod she clutched tightly in her hands. As she entered the terminal, she tucked it away into the pocket of the duffel bag she was carrying, crossed her arms across her chest and looked around nervously. She hadn’t seen me yet so I took the opportunity to study her. She appeared nervous; if it was because she was meeting me or because she was just a shy person wasn’t apparent. She wasn’t wearing what I would expect the typical teenager to wear, but she still seemed comfortable in it. I then noticed that despite the fact the she was wearing heels, she was shorter than me.

I walked up behind her and tapped my finger on her shoulder. “Hey, are you Belle?” I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

She turned around slowly, looking me in the eye for a moment before looking away again. “Yes that’s me.”

“Hey I’m Shaun. Shall we go get your bags?” I asked, pointing towards the baggage collection.

“Yeah, sure.” She trailed behind me as we made our way over. After she had pointed out which two bags were hers, I picked them up and handed them to her. I swear they were the biggest two there.

“May I ask what exactly you have in those?” I inquired after I had loaded them into the boot of my car.

“Just clothes and some stuff for the video.” She said as she slid into the front seat. When I got into the driver’s seat, I noticed that she had folded her hands on the lap in front of her.

“So what stuff for the video?” I asked.

“How bout I tell you later? I’m quite tired after the flight, you know?”

“Okay sure, but I need to go to a meeting with the label soon so I’ll drop you off at our apartment then go, okay? Give you a chance to get some rest.”

“Okay sure. Do you guys live in Sydney?”

“Na, we just had an apartment here. We live in this town call Budgewoi you see, and it’s just easier for when we need to be in town.”

“Oh okay.” She briefly looked up to survey her surroundings. “I haven’t been round here in a while.”

“Oh yeah? Family holiday?” I asked, trying to drive and look at her expression at the same time.

“No. I used to live in Perth with my family; we took a trip to Sydney when I was five I think.” She seemed to be quite distant; maybe there was more to the story then she was letting on. I wouldn’t dear pry though, I thought to myself.

We approached an apartment building right in the middle of the city and pulled into the underground car park. I turned off the ignition and popped the boot. “Well here we are.”

We got into the elevator and I pushed the bottom for our floor, rather than stopping in the foyer first like I usually did. When we reached our room, I unlocked the door and pulled her things in through the door

“Okay, so there are two spare rooms on the right but the bigger of the two is the first door you come to. Our rooms and the bathroom are to left and the kitchen is just there. Now I’m sorry but I need to go to a meeting now.” I said it a rush, collecting everything I needed for the meeting.

“Oh, um, where are you going?” She had crossed her arms defensively back across her chest.

“We have a meeting with the label about new music. We should all be back about seven-ish. That’ll give you time to rest for the flight and stuff okay? Then maybe I could take you out for dinner to say welcome to Sydney?”

“Um, sure. That sounds cool.”

I walked towards the door and walked out, but not before turning around to see Belle smiling.

Okay first I’m sorry this is up late. Kinda cocked up my Bio internal so I had to redo it. So before I post the next chapter I’m asking for 5 notes, asks, follows or all of the above. This’ll just give me time to write a kick-ass next chapter.