Chapter Six

Belle's POV

I heard the doors to the Year 13 part of the hostel open behind me. I turned to see Belle standing over me, dropping her bag to the floor.

“You’re kidding me.” She said blankly.

“Hey Belle. How’d you get there; I thought you were just in your room.” I said, pointing to her door, confused.

“Yeah I was! Two hours ago!” She replied sarcastically.

“Ooooh. See I haven’t really moved since then. I guess the time just got away on me.”

“Yeah that tends to happen when you watch three hours of ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’. That shit will numb your brain.”

“Hey! I was watching ‘Khloé & Lamar actually! There is a big difference! Anyway what you got there.” I pointed towards the bag on the floor.

“Well!” Belle sat down next to me and pulled what she had just bought out of the bag. “I got one new stretcher,” She said pointing towards the leopard print curl. “And I got some new nose studs and also a nose ring.”

“How many piercings do you have?!”

“That depends. Does an industrial count as one or two?”

“I’d say one.”

“Okay then six. A bar in the top of my right ear, two studs at the bottom, one stud and a stretcher in my left and a stud on the right side of my nose.”

“How the hell do you go through metal detectors?”

“What does that have to do with anything? Now get changed! We’re going to do some dance practice before dinner, remember?” She picked up my things and walked into her room. I did the same, walking down the hall to my room. I dropped to my knees and opened the draw in front of me, pulling out a black singlet and matching baggy pants. I pulled them on and looked at myself in the mirror. These pants were baggy as hell, with the crotch hanging about two thirds of the way down my thigh. I pulled my hair into a high pony tail and grabbed some black sneakers, heading out of my room and down the stairs to the first floor bathroom. No one used it because no one lived on the first floor and Belle and I had adapted it into our own dance studio. It had mirrors on three of the walls and a big open space by the sinks so it was perfect.

“So.” I walked in to see Belle bent over the speakers flicking through her iPod. “What exactly are we dancing to today, Lilly?” Belle asked. She and I had started dancing together as a way of exercise at first, but now it was more just for fun. She choreographed some stuff every so often and taught it to me and the rest of the time we just studied other routines to learn.

“I think we should go with ‘Judas’.”

“No! No, no, no, no, no!” I protested.

“Why not? I love that song and we both know the choreography is fierce as hell.”

“Yes. But it’s also so hard! I am always so tired afterwards just want to sleep! That is not a good state to be in at six o’clock!”

“But think of how proud of yourself you will be when we nail it!” She walked over after putting on her sneakers and grabbed my arms to pull me off of the floor. “And we are so close!”

“Fine.” I stood up reluctantly and took my place. The music kicked in and we began. We danced for an hour before we realised the time and stopped for dinner. I collapsed on the floor and let out a load moan.

“Don’t bother trying to move me! Every bone in my body is too busy being broken!”

“Fine, I’ll just leave you there. Goodbye.” Belle called out behind her as she walked out of the bathroom and up to her room. That bitch left me! I picked myself up off the floor and dragged myself up the stairs. That was the one flaw in our bathroom dance studio plan; being on the bottom floor meant after practice we had to battle the stairs. I could usually do it but the ‘Judas’ choreography always took it out of me. I made it to me room just in time for the dinner bell to ring. I guess everyone at dinner was going to have to deal with a very sweaty Lilly! I entered the dining room and surveyed the food that had been made for us. It was some cheesy shit that didn’t really appeal to me. I loaded up my plate anyway and sat down next to Belle. She was picking at what little food that sat on the plate in front of her. She must have eaten when she was out with Ellie.

“Hey bro, do me a favour and turn around.” She said, tapping me urgently on the shoulder. This was usual practice in the dinner room. We weren’t meant to use our phones during meals so we just hid each other while checking our phones.

“Who’s texting you at this time?”

“It’s Twitter.” She stated flipping open her phone. “Oh dude, you’re gonna flip the shit!”

“Why? Do you have a new DM from Short Stack?” I am not gonna lie; I was so jealous. But I guess I should be pleased too, I knew she was gonna get me in there too.

“Yup! They wanna Skype me later to ask about my ideas.”

“Well that is fantastic, Belle.”

“Oh shut up. As long as you don’t be fan girl, I am sure they won’t mind saying hi. Anyway I need to go and get online.” She shoved her phone back in her pocket and picked up her plate. As she walked away, I realised that she hadn’t eaten any of it all. I watched her empty the food into the trash and walk out of the dining room. We needed to get some food in that girl.