Addicted to Love

Part 1 of a short story:
-
Filming had started up again just a few weeks ago, that didn't mean that the stress of late nights and early mornings wasn't heavy, though. As much as Jennifer loved her job, there wasn't enough coffee in the world to keep her going after weeks of sleeping less than four hours a night. She wasn't used to this routine, the summer had come and gone too slowly and she'd grown used to her morning workouts and balanced routine in her LA house once again.

The only thing that kept her going was her nights spent with him. Though they were limited, they were enough to kick start her will to go through another day just to make it to the night, when she knew she'd get to be alone with him... at last. She did only have a few hours with him alone, though, and this also frustrated her to no end. Not to mention that the time she had free had to be spent trying to sleep a few hours to get up before dawn.

Colin wasn't too happy about this arrangement either, he hated not taking her out or having the time for a romantic evening. But if he was even the slightest on edge, he didn't show it. Jennifer liked to believe he wanted to be strong for her, because she needed him so much when the days became too long and the nights too short.

Whenever they weren't busy with work, they found themselves in her trailer as much as possible, having sex or making out. This is what they did now, they barely talked like they used to before. But as soon as one got the other alone somewhere private, their minds were not their own, but rather slaves to the desires they had for each other. Maybe they'd realized this, but it was working enough that they didn't make and effort to change it, or even talk about it. It felt good and that was enough. What they hadn't realized was that their relationship was no better than one of pure lust, as superficial as it gets.

Not being able to shut her mind off and get some much needed sleep the night after they'd filmed a scene where Killian and Emma exchange "I love you"s, Jennifer finds herself looking at the sleeping Colin beside her with his back to her, the man who used to never go to sleep without his arm around her before. He'd stayed over at her house since filming began, Helen needed to stay in Ireland for some time, she was to arrive at the end of next month. Jennifer had thought this was a great thing for Colin and her, they could grow their relationship so much. Only now, thinking of what they could do as Killian and Emma but not in real life does she miss the "I love you"s they used to exchange so meaningfully. She gives him a kiss on the cheek and wraps herself around him as much as she can-- he gave her the comfort she needed to finally sleep.

The next day at work, as much as she knew they were going to be late for their reporting times, Jennifer walked over to Colin's trailer before their busy day began. She let herself in and found him just sitting and on his phone. As soon as he saw her, though. He rushed over to where she was standing by the closed door. "Hey," he says just before pressing his palms to the door on either side of her, imprisoning her. He runs his mouth from her ear to her mouth, making her thinking unclear. He catches her lips and kisses her roughly, pushing her against the door.

Jennifer breaks the kiss as soon as her own will lets her, ducking under his arms and walking in the direction of the couch. "Hey, Colin, I wanted to ask you something," her voice is unsure and hesitant, even after knowing that Colin is one of the few people she confided in deeply.

He followed but was just as soon kissing her neck, "can we do it later?" he asked.

"I've just been thinking..." her voice is small, fading...

"We'll talk at home, okay?" he counters.

"It's just kind of important," she says with more confidence, she can tell he's frustrated that she's not letting him have his way.

He notices that it's futile to keep kissing her, yet he keeps going, for a lack of giving in to what she wants. She isn't responding, and that makes him furious. Giving a groan, he rubs his hands on his face and stands up, "I said no, I don't want to talk to you." The hate in his voice is nothing she'd ever heard before, she didn't know this tone of voice even existed within him. Shocked, she says nothing as he walks out the door and slams it shut.
-
I hope you liked it, make sure to leave me some comments. There's more to come so stay tuned. If you ever have any prompts for future one shots, let me know in the comments!