What Was That?

Colin had invited Jennifer to a Whitecaps soccer game this weekend, he'd told her he would pick her up at her apartment in Vancouver and they could carpool there. She wasn't much of a soccer fan, but he'd seemed very excited about asking her to go, so she couldn't say no.

That's where Colin was now, knocking on her door. Jennifer hurries when she hears his knock and quickly puts her boots on. She half runs down the hall to open for him- wouldn't want to keep him waiting.

"I got your ticket," he holds it up to her as soon as she opens the door. She can't help but smile at the excitement evident on his face.

"Hey," she turns and grabs her coat and scarf from the chair. "Almost ready?" he asks as she places her coat over her patterned dress.

"Yup" Jen looks up to him as she adjusts her scarf.

They leave her apartment shortly and head down to his car. As the gentleman he is, Colin opens her door and she gives him a soft smile as she gets in.

It only takes about twenty minutes to get to the stadium.

"Thanks for the ride and invitation," she turns and says as he turns the car off.

"My pleasure," he responds and turns to her, his vibrant blue eyes piercing hers and leaving her at a loss for words.

She just stares into them for a few seconds...minutes.

"Colin..?" she leans in unconsciously.

"Jennifer..?" he lets her name drag out slowly, and she loves the way it sounds on his lips. His lips... She finds herself looking down at them.

Colin notices and licks them on purpose, Jen's breath gets caught in her throat.

She slowly looks up, his eyes are a trance, inviting.

"It's okay," he barely whispers.

Just as the words are out, her lips are pressed softly to his. He waits barely a second to respond, opening his mouth and kissing hungrily. She's shocked but doesn't pull back. He brings one of his hands to the back of her head and tangles it in her hair. They'd kissed before, but always as Killian and Emma. Never in the privacy of his car, alone. And this was more, this was real.

They break away to catch their breath, but it's as if they can't get enough and always come back together after a few seconds. It's getting late, if they didn't hurry, they'd miss the opening of the game.

But they keep going for a while more, unable and not wanting to leave each other's embrace. And finally, when they pull apart and rest their foreheads against each other's, Jennifer, in between breaths, says, "What was that..?"

He doesn't respond, his breathing is hard and every time he exhales, she considers going back for more. But slowly, they pull apart and she sighs before opening her door and getting out.

Colin rests his head against the wheel, trying to answer the question she'd asked him. What was that?

Still unsure, he gets out of the car and meets her by the trunk. She looks at him from the corner of her eye and they begin walking towards the entrance together. They give their tickets and walk in.

"Colin," she gives him a look that tells him to act normal. "For Helen," she mouths.

He instantly recovers at the mention of his wife who was waiting for them already. "But I won't forget, love," he says with a smirk, "I know how you kiss." She blushes and they're back to their flirty friendship. They come into view of the crowd laughing together.