Chapter 2: Obliteration

Start from the beginning

             Anyways, I didn't want to kill Shabriri just yet. I wanted to observe him. See what exactly Faith's power had done to him, make him believe that I will show him mercy, and then slaughter him senselessly.

            Yes, that seemed like a very good plan.

            I must have fallen asleep after that little call to Devin. That doesn't happen often, believe me, but when it does, I have night terrors. How poetic. An ancient, ruthless killer having night terrors.

            So I jolted awake during the middle of the night in a cold sweat, briefly gasping for air and then cursing the night and the Heavens with my middle finger. Admittedly, my eyes swept the empty spot of my bed as if expecting Faith to be lying there. What was this, The Notebook? Why the fuck was I checking if she was next to me in the bed when clearly she had left me nights before?! Honestly, Faith had only slept with me like one time, and we literally only slept. Well, at least... I did. And there was no sex.

            Never sex.

            Not with her.

             Ever.

            Period.

            End of story.

            She's so unbelievably sexy. I hit myself in the forehead, knocking that devilish thought back into the dark corners of my mind. I cursed the night and the Heavens again with both middle fingers. I was constantly aware of how striking Faith was, how perky she was in all the right areas and how firm her--

            I smacked myself in the head again. I didn't need those damn knawing thoughts when she wasn't even around! God damn it all!

            Growling, I sprung upright in the bed, hands fisted in my sheets, eyes focusing easily in the darkness, peeling away the shadows of the night. Searching like my surroundings like the predator I was.

            I froze.

            Something was in the room with me. I tore off the covers of my legs and stalked each wall of the room like a territorial Panther, a low growl seeping through my lips. Finally, I came to the large, shadowy mirror over a old, wide wooden dresser that was had been freshly polished earlier in the day by maids, and peeled back my lips at my reflection.

            I flicked on a lamp, staring at myself in the reflective surface.

            "Reveal yourself, spirit," I hissed. "You were supposed to meet me hours ago."

            The reflection of myself grinned at me. "Hello, Dark Prince. I am sorry I am late," it hissed.

            "Let's cut to the chase. I did what you told me to do," I said, eye slightly twitching with rage. "I scared off the girl, she won't be coming back to me anytime soon. You will tell my father that I fell for your tricks, he must not know that your species cannot sway me. That we are allies. After you have sent him that message, you will tell your brothers and your sisters that the Elders are coming. I am fated to call to them seven days before Faith Williams' death, and a war will against good and evil begin once again. Evil will win, but I need your help"

            The spirit became fascinated "Of course, Master. But what if this fate is not true?"

            "The warlock Ace has already predicted it. Nobody can escape a fate that strong. Not even I."