9.

Melanie Stephen

After Miles brought me home, I checked my phone to see 2 missed calls from a number I didn't recognize. I took off my heels and dress and slipped into an oversized Sriracha designed graphic tee, putting my hair in a bun and proceeding to the bathroom.

I took off my contacts and picked up my rose gold iPhone, ready to call whomever it was back. They picked up on the second ring, voice sounding very husky.

"Yeah." He answered with a serious tone.

"Someone called Melanie from this number." I said fidgeting with my nude colored fingernails, it's time for a fill in.

"Oh shit I ain't think you would call back. It's me, Jayceon, I thought I would have to send one of my men to find yo ass." He chuckled.

"Well I was out and my phone was off." I giggled.

"It's coo what you doing though?" He sounded like a little kid asking.

"Just relaxing in bed, how about yourself?"

"Nothing, 'bout to leave the spot." He says. I could hear crunching noises almost like if he were walking on gravel and the car making noises in the background.

"Oh. If it's a bad time you could call me later." Checking the time, it was after 2am already.

"Nah ma you good I don't mind talking to ya I gotta expand my circle just a little so I could really use ya company right now."

"Ahh okay okay." I said trying to find something to say.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" The both of us say at the same time which caused us to laugh.

"Nah I'm not gone be busy besides running to the spot and checking on the workers, why you ask?"

"Nah why you ask?" I restated.

"Well I wanted to know if you wanted to come to this kickback with me but I don't know if it's ya cup of tea..." He trailed off.

"What you mean?" I gasp.

"I mean you proper as fuck so I don't know if you'd be comfortable around people like myself."

"Nigga I have you know that I'm professional at work but outside of work it's a different Mel." I laughed.

"Aight we gone see, so that mean you gone dress a lil ratchet right?"

"Uh I'll try to find something." I smiled.

"Aight I'll pick ya up at 8 tomorrow."

"Hmm okay that's cool with me Jayceon." He started to laugh at me.

"Please just call me Jay aight not my government name."

"Okay fine Jay." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"It's late, why you ain't sleepy ma?"

"Cause I'm not I should be though, it was a pretty long day." I sighed.

"What happened?" He asked sounding really concerned.