Chapter One

All my life I had been waiting for the timer to reach zero. For the hours and minutes to count down until I finally met my soulmate. We used to talk about it at sleepovers. Whose was lowest, whose was highest. As kids, it was just a fun game. It didn't really mean anything until we got older. It had always meant more to me than the other girls though. I took it more seriously. I mean, this was the person you were destined to spend your life with. 

My timer had always been the lowest. Some of my friends were jealous because of it. It's wasn't like I could control it, but I was always secretly happy about it. Obviously, as the years passed, the numbers got lower. On the day I turned twenty one, the timer read fourty eight hours. Two days until I met him. 

And two days until the Panic! At The Disco Concert. Last week, a few friends and I got together and planned a trip into the cities to catch a Panic! concert. They were by far my favorite band. I was extrememly happy and nervous at the same time. The man I would spend the rest of my life with would be at this concert. 

The day of the concert finally came, and as we all piled into the car, I shared the news. As I expected, everybody freaked out. My bracelet read three hours. 

"No wonder you got all dressed up." Emily said. The rest of them giggled. I rolled my eyes. Was it a crime to want to look nice when meeting your future husband?

We arrived at the concert right before it started. We had pretty good seats, so when Brendon came on stage, I was able to see his bracelet. I immediately wondered if it would be him. The number was too small to see. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I've had a crush on him for years, so of course I've thought about it. But I never thought I could actually have a chance. 

As the music started, I forgot all about the bracelet. Dancing and jumping in the crowd, we had a blast. It was easily the best day of my life. When it was over, we followed the crowd outside and stood by the door, enjoying the cool winter air. The stadium was crowded and hot, so it felt good to breathe cold air into our lungs. 

I looked down to check the time on my bracelet. 

"It's gone! My bracelet's missing!" I screamed. My friends all turned their heads and looked worried. "We have to go back!" 

Emily came over and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Ok, you can go back. But we'll never make it in there with you. There's too many of us." Everyone nodded in agreement. "Think you'll make it by yourself?" 

I considered it for a second before accepting. If I went in alone, then I could meet him in private, and not with all my friends standing around me.

 "Ok. We'll wait here for you. Good luck!" They happily waved as I ran back inside the arena. It was empty, and the lights were on, making it easy for me to look. I found our row of seats and got down on my knees, looking under the seats. No sign of it anywhere. I swore under my breath and stuck my head farther under the seat. 

"Looking for this?" A voice inerrupted my search and startled me. My head shot up and smacked the bottom of the seat. I turned and was eye level with someones knees. Black sneakers, black jeans. I slowly stood up and rubbed the back of my head. Soon, I was standing face to face with Brendon Urie, the lead singer of Panic! At The Disco. And he was holding my bracelet. My face turned red. 

"Um, yeah. Thanks." I took it and wrapped it around my wrist. The timer had finally reached zero. He reached up and ran his hand through his hair. I caught a glimpse of his bracelet. Zero.

"Woah." I took a step back and looked at our bracelets again, just to make sure. 

"Looks like we were meant to be." He laughed softly. I couldn't help myself. I reached out and hugged him, tears forming in my eyes. My heart pounded in my chest and I was sure he could feel it. He slowly wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tighter. 

I pulled away first. "I-I can't believe it!" I exclaimed. "I've been waiting for this moment for a ong time." I wiped away my tears, hoping I didn't look as stupid as I felt. 

He laughed. "Me too. I just never thought it'd be at my own concert!" We hugged again, this time it was longer.

I thought about what it would be like to live the rest of my life as the wife of Brendon Urie. My friends would flip when they heard the news. I realized this would be a big adjustment but I didn't care. I had just met my soul mate, and it turns out I've loved him for years.