"Hi, Sasha, it's Luke?" he chuckles nervously. "Um, about tonight... I've got a mouse situation in my apartment, and my roommate is deathly afraid of them. I've gotta catch this thing before he has a nervous breakdown. Could we push it back, or reschedule?"

To his surprise, she didn't seem to mind much. "Oh yeah, definitely. Best to catch it before anything bad happens. We can totally reschedule! Text me whenever you've got a moment, yeah?"

"Thanks so much, and I'm really sorry. I will text you soon."

"No worries, Luke. Good luck!"

"Thanks! Goodnight!" He hung up, and slid his phone back into his back pocket before looking under the fridge again. Still nothing.

"I'm sorry," came Calum's voice from above him. "I didn't- I'm sorry about your date."

Luke smiled at his roommate. "It's okay. She understood. And besides, I think I'll have a better time knowing there's no little mouse chewing at my bread while I sleep!"

Calum rolled his eyes amusedly, but smiled to show his gratitude. "Thank you, Luke. Now let's please catch this thing because I'd like to sleep soundly tonight!"

Luke just laughed as he got back to work, looking under the kitchen cabinets and shelves. The kitchen was tiny, really, but he could not find that darned thing. Until...

"There!" Calum practically shrieked, now kneeling on the chair with his hands wrapped around the knobs of the backrest, knuckles turning white. "Get it, Luke, get it!"

Luke lunged forward for the little thing that had scampered under the dining table, but it slipped out of his grasp. He crawled behind it, lunging again before it could get under the fridge - and missing it again. "Dammit!"

"Come on, Luke, you can do it!" Calum encouraged him. "I'd help, but..."

"It's alright," Luke huffed, out of breath. He then stood up and brushed off his jeans, and made his way to the counter to pour himself a glass of water. But of course, that was the exact moment that the little mouse decided to scamper across the floor again.

"Luke!"

"Mmm!" Luke answered, a mouthful of water as he quickly cupped his hands and reached for the mouse. He was expecting to have missed it again, but...

"I got it!" Luke announced as he swallowed the water, hands that were cupped around the tiny creature raised in victory.

"Thank god!" Calum exclaimed, getting off the chair finally. He stretched his legs a bit, as he had been kneeling for a while, then said, "Alright, let's go release this thing."

"Sure, lemme just- Oh."

"What?" Calum looked up from his flip flops to see Luke looking down at his unbuttoned shirt. "Oh, hold on, I'll get those."

The brunet walked back over to where Luke was and began buttoning up his shirt. As Calum's eyes focused on the buttons, Luke's eyes focused on Calum. He smiled softly, mostly for himself, as he watched Calum do his buttons.

"All done," Calum announced not a moment later, standing back straight. "Let's go!"

Luke put on his own flip flops and followed Calum out. He didn't say much as they walked, but did look at Calum a little more than what was generally deemed as friendly.

"You don't mind being this close to a mouse?" Luke teased as they walked through a park, moving his cupped hands closer to Calum, who jumped away.

"Put that thing back where it came from or so help me!" he exclaimed, but that only served to throw Luke into a fit of giggles.

"Wow, what a dork!" he laughed, causing Calum to pout, light-hearted. "Okay, I'm gonna let this little dude go now."

"No, wait!" Calum cried, running to the closest park bench and sitting down on it, bringing his feet up close to him. "Okay, now you can!"

Luke laughed, turning around and lowering his hands to the grass. He opened them, and off went the mouse, scurrying away from the hands he had been trapped in for the past few minutes. Luke then turned around to see Calum tentatively getting off the bench, and just shook his head.

a/n: sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy packing, as my parents are moving a few states away and I'm moving to college! By the end of this month, I'll be back to regular updates :)

Thank you for reading xx