six

Calum and Luke had had a great night. It had started with ice-cream and ended with a movie, which Luke fell asleep halfway through.

When Calum had nudged him awake at the end of it, he had been quite sleepy himself, and Luke couldn't help the flip his stomach did at the sight of Calum's tousled hair and small smile.

The next morning, when he woke up, he refused to look over at Calum's sleeping figure. He got dressed, made coffee, and left.

He wasn't gay. He liked girls. Well, there was nothing wrong with being gay. He knew that if he was, his friends and family would support him, he kne- "I'm not gay! I'm not interested in my room mate!" he told himself, shaking his head furiously. He wasn't! He had liked girls his whole life. He could be bisexual, but he would've noticed that by now, right? He wasn't attracted to Calum. He wasn't.

Finally, he made up his mind. Rolling his chair past the divider, he peered over at his colleague. "Mia! I need your help."

Mia looked over at the blond man with wide brown eyes. She put down the iced coffee she had been sipping at and asked, "Yeah? What's up?"

"Do you think you could set me up on another blind date?"

Mia's curious face turned amused. "Oh?"

Luke was slighly amused by the her lack of words today. "Look, I- I'll explain later, but-"

Mia's eyes went wide all of a sudden. Jeez, even her eyes were expressive! "If you're looking for a one-night stand, you're better off at a bar. I know one, my friend goes there, and-"

"No, no, no!" Luke exclaimed, cutting her off. "I just- I'd like to- I just- I'm lonely?"

Mia seemed to have ignored his unsure tone, and nodded, her face turning back to amusement. "Okay, well, I'll see what I can do, okay?"

--------

"Uh, Luke, I know you've got a date to go on, but I- AGH!"

Luke's eyes widened at his roommate's yell and he quickly burst out of their room, looking over at where Calum was standing up on a chair, eyes wide as he looked towards something on the ground. "What happened?"

"I'm pretty sure we have a mouse in the house!"

Luke chuckled at the rhyme, and at the sight. He wouldn't have thought Calum would be the type to be scared of a little mouse. "Where did it go?" he asked, not even caring that his dress shirt was completely unbuttoned as he approached Calum.

"Under the fridge!" Calum squealed a little bit.

Luke stopped himself from rolling his eyes, but the fond smile made its way on his face subconsciously. He knelt down to peer under the fridge... But didn't see anything. He turned his head up towards Calum, who had gone pale with fear. "Are you sure there's a mouse? There's nothing under here..."

Calum's brown eyes were wide with fear. "Positive! Maybe it ran! Luke, we have to find it."

Luke bit at his lip ring. He had made Mia organise the date at the last minute and kinda felt bad for cancelling only an hour before they had to meet, but he didn't have a choice. He couldn't leave Calum in the state he was in. It would be better to just get the mouse and shoo it away, and then see if there was still time for the date.

So without a lot more thought, he pulled out his phone from his jeans and dialled the girl's number. She picked up after a couple of rings, a cheery "Hello?" coming from the other end.