0.4 «Grayson Dolan»

Start from the beginning

We laugh, and she says, "Do you want to watch with us?" she looks at me. I was a little disappointed since I had wanted to spend some time with Emerson, but Ethan was my brother, and it's not like I could just tell him to go away.

I nod, "Yeah. Grab some pizza and sit down, Eth. We're at a really funny part."

He beams at both of us, then runs off, coming back a minute later with a plate of pizza. He sits on the other side of Emerson, and we all turn towards the TV screen.

When there's about twenty minutes left, Emerson turns to me "Hey, sorry, I have to go," she says.

"Is everything okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah, my mum just wants to talk about something to my brothers and me, so I have to go home."

I nods in understanding, "Alright. Cool."

She runs upstairs to my room and gathers her things. Back downstairs, I wait by the door, "Bye, Emmy, maybe I'll see you tomorrow. If not, I'll see you on Monday at school."

She gives me a hug, "This was really fun, Grayson. Thanks," she says, beginning to walk out the door. She gives one final goodbye to both Ethan and me before walking home.

I run back to the living room, where Ethan is sitting down. "How'd it go, bro?" he asks.

I shrug, "Nothing happened, I just got to know her a little better."

"Cool. I'm going to head upstairs. See you tomorrow," he says, patting my back a little.

"See ya, Eth."

*  *  *  *

The next morning, I woke up around ten, and walked downstairs, where everyone already was.

"So, boys what are you going to do today?" my mom asks.

I shrug, "Nothing really in mind, mom."

Ethan cuts in, "Actually, Elliot texted me and invited us to go ice skating, you wanna come?"

I thought for a minute. It would be fun, and Emerson might be coming, "Sure, bro. I'm down."

"Cool. They're coming in about an hour so take a shower or whatever you're gonna do."

I nodded, and quickly finished up my breakfast, running up to my room. I showered, and went to my closet. I decided on a pair of blue jeans, a printed shirt, and a gray hoodie. I slipped on socks and a pair of Adidas shoes.

I ran downstairs, where Ethan was already waiting. He always got ready faster, even though I started before him.

"C'mon, Gray, they're outside," he says, opening the door.

I grab my phone off the table near the front door and follow him out. I climb into the backseat of the car. All three of the Samuels triplets are there. I smile when I see Emerson in the front seat, and she smiles back at me.

We arrive at the local ice skating rink about ten minutes later. We get out, and pay to enter and rent skates. We each grab our size. Luckily, it's not too crowded. Maybe I could make a Vine of some terrible skating.

I tighten the laces on my ice skates and make my way towards the entrance of the rink, sliding gently on the ice. I was no Olympic figure skater, but I could skate well enough. I wasn't like Ethan, who had to hold onto the railing or he would fall every two seconds.

I glanced at Emerson, and saw her already in the middle of the rink. Damn. I watched her as she skated gracefully. She does a couple of figure eights, and I see her grinning as she maneuvers through the other people. I take out my phone to video-tape her.