Introduction❤︎

Copyright © 2015 Hailey_Michele

All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or in any means - by electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I walked into the building. This is the day I have dreaded for the last week. The first day of my senior year. My summer is officially over and it's terrible.

I looked down at my schedule to see that my first class of the day is Math 4. So, fun. Note the sarcasm. Before I go to class, I need to get to my locker and get my books. Let's do this.

I got my books and made my way to class. When I got there, I was the only person and I was fifteen minutes early. I took my seat in the front of the class, if I sit in the back, I will not pay attention, I don't want to fail. I sat closest to the window.

"Well, I'm here after a student. Is that bad?" Someone asked.

I looked up and saw, I'm guessing, the teacher. He was kind of cute. I laughed a little.

"No, I got here early." I told him. He flashes me a smile before sitting at his desk.

"We have," The teacher started, pausing to look at his watch. "ten minutes before class starts. You wanna tell me your name?" He asked.

"I'm Makayla, just call me Kayla." I answered.

The teacher smiled. "I'm Chresanto August." He told me.

"So, Mr. August, you look quite young to be a teacher." I noted, making Mr. August chuckle.

"I'm twenty-two, I don't think it's that young." Mr. August said. My jaw dropped, but I quickly closed it.

"That means you're only four years older than me, you're young." I told him. He just laughed.

"Well, thank you." Mr. August said. I nod my head, saying 'you're welcome' without using words.

"So, what would you say was your strongest subject?" Mr. August asked me after a few moments of silence.

"Lunch." I answered, laughing a little. Mr. August laughed also. "Seriously though, english, I love to write." I told him.

"What about your weakest?" He asked.

"Math." I answered honestly.

"Well, if you need help, just tell me, okay?" He asked me.

"Yes, sir." I agreed, smiling. Mr. August smiled back at me.

"Class starts at eight, right?" He asked, looking at his watch again. I could tell he was nervous.

"Yes, don't be nervous, I can tell you're gonna be a great teacher." I said, making him smile. He's got a cute smile too.

"Thanks." He thanked me. I nod.

Once, class began, I couldn't help but stare at Mr. August as he walked around the room, introducing himself to the class. He didn't say his age to the whole class. All he said was he is from California, which is where we are now, before he decided on teaching, he wanted to be a rapper and he tries not to write people up, but sometimes he has too. Also, he said this was his first year teaching. Then he made us introduce ourselves. I paid attention to each student talking, because it's respectful, but I must admit, I did glance at Mr. August from time to time.

"Okay, what about you?" Mr. August said, gesturing to me, as it was my turn to go. I was the last person to go.

"Well, I'm Makayla Philips, but I go by Kayla. I'm eighteen and I've lived in California most of my life. I was born here and my family moved to Baltimore, Maryland when I was two, then when I was seven we moved back here and have been here since then. The thing I'm looking forward to most it meeting new people and...what was the other question?" I asked.