CHICKEN NODDLE SOUP

JAX

I was still coming to terms that I was an engaged man and not just in a relationship. Max had out done himself with the whole proposal dinner down by the beach with the sun setting in the horizon and a gentle breeze caressing our cheeks drying up the tears that I had spilt when I saw him down on his knee holding the ring that showed our love and connection. I sighed and rubbed my baby bump as the twins began moving. It's been three days since the dinner. Thanksgiving was just around the corner and the palace was buzzing with people running left and right trying to get everything organized and ready for the party that will be taking place in just 10 days. Victoria had gotten a cold three days prior and not long was she sick that the boys caught her cold so our part of the house-the tenth floor- was filled with whining, coughing and sniffling children.

I had warned them not to go outside since it was chilly but they wanted to play so after countless times of begging me and with my answers still being no, they went to Max who didn't think twice and took them to the playground and they didn't return home until dinner and by the following day Victoria woke up crying and coughing running a high fever that lucky went down with some kid Tylenol and warm baths but her brothers caught it from her from being around her all the time and sharing their drinks even after I told them not to, so now I was currently in the kitchen preprint a large pot of chicken noodle soup to feed my three very sick children all the while Max was in a meeting out of town and won't be back until midnight.

"Mama" all three called before they broke into a fit of coughs, sniffles and groans.

"I'm coming just give me a second" I called back just as the soup was done cooking grabbing three bowls-pink green and blue- I filled them up with soup and placed them on a tray before taking it to the living room where I saw all three kids huddled together with a shared box of tissues on Victoria's lap as they watched the Lion King.

"Mama" they whined looking up at me with pitiful eyes and noses as red as blood

"I know loves. This will make you feel better" I said placing the tray on the coffee table and just as I was about to pick one of the bowls, there was a knock on the door making me furrow my brows and sighed

"Don't move, I'll be right back" I said and stood back up and made my way over to the door asking who it was before opening the door to find Madison and Xavier on the other side of the door making me me smile

"Hi guys what can I do for you?" I questioned and Madison shook her head as she and her fiancé both trudged in with me closing the door behind them and following after them into the living room where the kids greeted them with congested voices making both awe and coo

"We are actually here to help you with the kids. Max called me to let me know that you're home alone with three sick children so we are at your beck and call" Xavier said while Madison nodded picking up the pink princess bowl and begging to feed Victoria while Xavier picked the green Michael Angelo bowl and did the same with Shane and that left me to pick up the blue Captain America bowl and feed Jackson his soup.

"How long do you think they'll be like this?" Madison asked once we finished feeding them, all three falling asleep just as the movie finished both taking the kids to their rooms while I was left alone to cleanup

"Jefferson said that they'll be good as new by Friday" I replied handing them each a cup of tea

"How are you holding up?" My brother in law questioned and I sighed

"Good just tired with three sick children needing your attention all the time gives you little to no time to eat and sleep" I answered taking a sip of my tea

"Why don't you go and nap for a bit? We'll look after the kids when they wake up. You look like you need a good sleep" Madison said and I furrowed my brows even though I liked the idea I didn't want to burden then