Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Since we only had few days for planning the wedding we decided to divide duties. My mother took on herself to invite all the guests, Jess and Peyton took the responsibilities of finding the venue and decoration. Leaving me with dress and ring selections.

We all were surrounded by heaps of magazines and wedding planners, when there was a knock on the door.

I heard my mother getting up and greeting the person, "Hello dear, how are you? Come on have a seat".

"Thank you Mrs. Ross for inviting me". That voice. Looking up I saw it was Jackson. He was in blue t-shirt and fitted jeans. His hair was as usual but his eyes, it was bright and full of life. He was looking the same happy person I met on the beach. The one that charmed me with his personality and looks.

Sadly it didn't lasted long. As soon as his eyes found me they were empty. Dull. They were bare of any emotion. He looked away as if he was burned even by looking at me. My heart constricted in pain. Putting my head down I resumed my work. It was impossible for me to even concentrate on what I was doing.

"Oh dear please call me Stella", my mother said. Both of them sat on the couch. Mom explained him all about the wedding. "Is it okay if you can accompany Ava in her shopping?" she asked him.

Oh no. Please say no. Jackson was quite for a moment. He was contemplating what to say. It was my mother and I know she was not having no for an answer.

"Okay", he mumbled.

My mother clapped her hands for our attention. I could feel Jess and Peyton looking at me. There was nothing he could do. It wasn't as if he could have said no. "Girls it's settled then Jackson will be going with Ava", she exclaimed.

Closing my eyes I took a deep breath and faked a smile. It was just the beginning. I could feel Jackson's eyes on me. Guess I just have to mend our relation if we're going to spend time together.

Slipping in my heels I descended down the stairs. Today Jackson and I were going for ring selection. Yesterday I didn't had the chance to talk to him. He was surrounded either by mother or Jess or Peyton.

I had decided no matter what I was going to talk to him today. The whole night I was planning about what I was going to say to him. Still I was nervous. I wasn't sure he was going to even listen to me or not. How will he react. Will he forgive me or not. With worry I couldn't sleep the entire night.

At the end of the staircase I saw him leaning on the wall. He was looking sexy sporting the badboy look. I think I stopped breathing at a point. The butterflies were back. I was goner at that moment. How can one person make you feel vulnerable and protected at the same time.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked interrupting my mini moment.

Clearing my throat I replied," forever mark". I was only good with two words answer when he's around. I don't know how I was going to talk to him.

Without another word he was out of the house. With his long steps it was not easy for me to keep up with him.

Damn boy can't you slow down. I don't have tree legs.

He would if you didn't kept things from him.

Shut up!!!

Stupid inner me always have to be the voice of reason. I was pretty lost up in my thoughts. If this is how we were going to be together I was done. His silence was killing me. The worst punishment anyone can get is a silent treatment.