Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Life has a very dramatic way of bringing past things up. This was not how I imagined to meet Jackson if we ever crossed path in future. My emotions were everywhere. All I wanted to do was curl up in my bed and cry till there were no tears left.

I tried telling myself that Jackson meant nothing to me but even a glance at his way had my heart felt that he was everything. He taught me to love when I didn't know how to love myself. He made me see the world for what it was, beautiful. He was more to me than I let myself believe. I just didn't want to say it out loud because it would make it appear more real.

"Miss Can you keep your hand on his shoulder". The reporter asked Nolan and me to pose for picture. Nolan was holding me from my waist and my hand was on his shoulder. For others it would appear two people in love. But we were far from it.

My eyes were locked with Jackson's. He was sitting at the bar with a champagne glass in his hand. His eyes were trained on us for the whole photoshoot. It was hard to read him. I didn't know what he was feeling. He appeared to be calm and laughed whenever anyone came to talk to him.

It was enough, I was done faking smile when inside my heart broke every second. Excusing myself I went to the balcony to clear my head. Taking a deep breath I relaxed myself. All I could think was about the time I spend with Jackson. Tears filled my eyes. I don't know why I was being so emotional. With few quick breaths I tried not to cry.

The cool air swirled around making me shiver. I wrapped my hands around myself to keep me little bit warm. The sky was filled with stars shining brightly. The city was covered in lights. The view in front of me was portraying a happy picture that was opposite of what I was feeling.

"Ava".

Jackson, what was he doing here.

Wiping some of the traitorous tears that fall down I turned around. He was looking the devilish-ly handsome in his perfectly tailored suit. His hair was in his signature messy look. His eyes same shade of blue if not even more dark. His smile was what, was missing and the sparkle in his eyes. I know I was the reason for that but I never imagined events to turn in this way.

"Hey", I whispered, I doubt he even heard it. I wanted to apologize to him but words appeared to fail me. In those few seconds every possible thing he could say passed through my mind. Even looking at him was difficult for him.

"Congratulations on your engagement", this was not what I expected him to say. Hurt flashed through his eyes. I wanted to tell him this whole thing was fake. This engagement, this marriage, it was not my wish it never was. But before I could start explaining Nolan came.

"So I see you both are getting to know each other. That's great." Nolan said patting his best friend's back.

I think universe was not on my side. Every time I tried to say something, something came up. This time it was ringing of Jackson's phone and he excused himself to attend the call.

"You didn't tell your best friend." I asked Nolan more specifically shouted at him. I don't know why but I was mad at him.

"Didn't tell what", he looked confused by my sudden outbreak.

"That this marriage was an arrangement. It was not real. You're supposed to share everything with him".

"I didn't know I was supposed to tell anyone. And it is easy if less people know". He shrugged.

Urgh!!! what was happening to me. Why was so upset of Jackson not knowing the truth. It was not as if we both were committed in some way. It was so not me. Even I was surprised how I reacted. I think it's better if Jackson didn't know the truth about marriage.