Chapter 6 Part 1: Karmin's a Bitch. (Told from Leo's POV)

I swear the tension was palpable.

"Hey, I'm back. Did you two have a nice chat?" I carried the drinks and snacks into the room.

"Yes," Leo answered with clenched teeth. I could tell he was annoyed.

"We talked about you?"Karmin said. 

"Oh really. All good things I hope. What about me? " I asked nervously. Hopefully it was not about Jesse. I don't want to open that can of worms.

"How Sammy here," Karmin began.

"How... How I think you are such a good friend and boyfriend, "Sammy finished.

"Uh okay, weirdos," I could tell something happened when I was gone.

"Did you two decide on a movie? You know while you were gossiping about me." I asked plopping down in between the two of them.

"Of course we did," Karmin said reassuringly.

"Well, what is it?" I asked while the two of them exchanged glances.

"How about Beetlejuice!" Sammy said abruptly.

"Oh yeah, that's our favorite movie. Looks like you haven't lost all of your marbles just yet." I said while putting my arm around his neck.

"It is?" Sammy asked with a strange face. He asked if that was not something he already knew.

"Yes dummy," I said swiftly slapping him upside the head.

"Is that okay with you babe?" I turned and asked Karmin. 

"Uh sure is it scary?" She asked in a hopeful tone.

"Well, it's as close to scary as Sammy will ever get. Gore is not really his thing. He is a bit of a wimp."I said while making a funny face at Sammy. 

"Yeah sure, I'll give it a chance," She said while giving me the sweetest smile. I feel so sorry that I'm not being one hundred percent honest with her.