two.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" I asked, walking to another side of the cylinder.

I honestly don't think we've stopped walking yet.

"I've heard a lot about you. The girl who was cast out from Asgard because of how powerful her powers are? So, I guess I'm not alone in being an outcast." He smirked, folding his hands behind his back.

Was he trying to be polite?

"No one ever said I was an outcast." I commented, standing still. I crossed my hands over my chest as if I was trying to be brave, but on the inside I was screaming with fear.

Who knows what Loki could do to me? If everything Steve said was true, then I'm in for a big surprise.

"Ah, yes. But, the thing is, everyone thinks that."

A small piece of my heart chipped off. Did Natasha think I was an outcast? Did Bruce think I was an outcast? What if Tony thought it too? Or Steve?

Breathe, Tessa. I told myself.

Steve said Loki tries to manipulate people, it could be one of his little tricks.

He stared at my reaction for a second, but then smiled, almost as if thinking he had won. He hummed in approval.

"I knew that'd get you."

"I am not an outcast. All that happened was that I was born in Asgard. Big deal." I said, waving my hands all over the place.

"But that's the part you got right. Big deal." He smirked, nodding his head towards me.

"What do you mean by 'you're not the only one'? What did you feel?" I asked.

"Unloved," He started, dipping his head down as he walked with his hands behind his back. He took a few steps forward.

I'm guessing he's a pacer.

"Mistreated, underestimated, treated unfairly, poorly even. But what I felt was anger."

"Why?" I asked dumbfounded.

He chuckled, sending me a sarcastic smile. "I'll tell you exactly what I told Thor. I'm tired of living under his shadow. I'm tired of everyone else thinking of Thor over me while I who was and should be king!" He shouted, inhaling sharply. Loki breathed in and out of his nose for a few seconds before speaking.

"But the thing is, everyone thinks I'm an evil villan who just wants all power to himself. But that's where they're wrong. I never was like this. I used to be having fun, smiling all the time. But that all happened right before Thor left for Midgard the first time."

"What happened?"

"Even I don't like to talk about it. But I'll tell you one thing, I rebelled against him. I did everything in my power to be noticed by at least some Midgardians, but apparently somehow I ended up destroying every little piece of your city. But becase I couldn't rule in my own world, I guess that I could rule yours."

"And what literally gave you the courage to do that?" I asked, my eyes widenening in excitement.

"I- wait." He started, but interupted himself, "What makes you think I'll tell you everything? I'm trying to manipulate you."

"Because you've already started. You can't leave an open project uncompleted."

"And who says I can't?"

I sighed, knowing that this conversation will go nowhere, so I asked something I'd been wanting to hear for the last 5 minutes. "Why are you here?"