chapter 1

L A U R E N

"Come on Jack! We need to get to the hospital on time! I'm not being late to our appointment." I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside. We've already said bye to everyone. Both of us jumped into the car and off we drove to the hospital.

~

After we arrived, I got checked in and we were told to sit and wait. We weren't waiting for long as I soon got called in. I had to lie on the bed and Jack sat in the chair next to me.

"So you think you're pregnant?"
"Yeah..." The cold gel went onto my stomach and I squirmed a little. She moved the machine around and across it. Her face didn't seem very cheerful.

"When was the first and last time, recently, you had unprotected sex?" Thats a slightly invasive question...
"Like, a month ago and last week."
"Okay, so it couldn't have been a one off thing then?" What's she asking these questions for?
"Nope."

"Okay, I've got to tell you this now guys. There's no point in me looking anymore you see. I'm afraid you're not pregnant." What? This can't be happening! What's going on?
"I- I- that's really-" I can't speak properly.

~

We left the hospital and went back home. I cried in the car on the way back. Before going into the house, we sat in the car together and I had a little cry. Jack wanted to hug me and be close to me so he could comfort me, so we got out.

I hugged him so tight! Neither of us wanted to let go.
"This is alright baby, we can always try again, okay?"
"Okay." He's right. We can try again. We can try as soon as it's possible!
"I love you Jack."
"I love you too bear... I love you so much!" We gave each other a soft kiss.

"I love you that much, that I want to try again. We're going to try for this baby as soon as the kiddies have gone to bed. We're having this baby!" He's feeling the same way as me. We're going to have another one. It's going to happen!

Me and Jack walked in through the door and into the livingroom. Conor was sat with Caleb next to him, but Jaspar and Ali were playing on the floor with Molly, Joe and Caspar. Caleb's going through a book with Conor which looks adorable!

"How is it? Everything okay?" We both went silent and sat down. Jack let me rest my head on his shoulder.
"It's not okay..." The room then went silent, except for the noises the twins were making.

"What's happened?"
"It's not real." They just stared at us.
"What do you mean, not real?"
"The baby is unborn."
"I'm confused." Of course Joe's confused.

"The baby was never actually there in the first place. It didn't work. So we're trying again soon." Jack told them all.
"I just really wish this wasn't happening! I want it to be okay and for us to be excited because I'm pregnant! I want to have another one. You know how much I can't stand odd numbers. I just really wanted another one!"

"If you really want another one that bad, we'll look after the kids while you two go out and have a good night then come back and try." Conor's just given us a great plan! Me and Jack agreed on it.

(A/n) so here is the first chapter of the third book... I hope you enjoyed it!! Xx

(This was a very boring first chapter of a book... I'm not surprised it's not git as many reads as the first one!)