Talk about a bad day

Depuis le début

Spinning on my heel before my latest victims body has even hit the ground and throwing myself at the newest attacker. I can feel the blood running down my side and my stomach. At the rate it's flowing I know I won't have the strength to keep going for much longer. That thought alone has me fighting harder, I will die before they get past me, and I will will be damned if I don't go out swinging. Just as I dispatch my newest for with a sharp twist of his neck I feel a long burning pain slice down my back.

Before I can't turn and defend myself the pain is gone and my attacker falls to the ground with a thud and standing where he stood is a large sleek steel grey wolf with deep forest green eyes. I know by the smell that its Spyke. Nodding my head in appreciation I lash out with my arm and floor the large man man running full speed at us, causing his head to bounce harshly off of the rocky and tree root ridden ground. I knew I had killed him. Looking around I see Spyke fighting with another wolf to my left and another coming up from my right. Leaping straight up into the air and landing behind him I waste no time in snapping his neck as well.

As his body drops to the ground I see Spyke going in for the kill on the wolf he has been battling but I also see a second wolf coming up behind him in human form with a long silver blade in his hand. Well damn, without a second thought I run at the would be attacker and leap straight over Spyke as he sinks his teeth into the throat of his 'prey'. I put all my weight behind my shoulder as I ram it into his chest and fall down in top of his form as he falls to the ground. A bright searing pain enters my chest as we hit the ground, bring my hand up I snap his neck knowing he is the last attacker.

"Oh shit, oh my god Kin!" Spyke shouts out as he drops naked to his knees beside me. Reaching out tentative fingers he grabs the hilt of the blade lodged into my chest. Grunting I adjust my body so that I'm flat on my back to make it easier to remove the blade. "Don't touch the blade, it's pure silver and the smallest cut would poison you." I choke out as u push his hands away and attempt to grab the blade myself. "Your part wolf so why isn't it affecting you?" "I told you before all the strengths but none of the weaknesses. Now get shut up and back up." I grit out.

Firmly as I can I wrap my hands around the blade and start to pull up, but stop as I feel a scream ripping its way out of my chest. Sweating and unable to pull it any further I allow the possibility of dying here on this cold blood soaked forest floor after have lived for so many centuries. It wasn't a thought I enjoyed but one I was positive I would have to come to terms with because I could not pull the blade out myself.

Hearing a noise beside me I turn my head slightly to see that Spyke was once again kneeling next to me after having gotten up. Curios I watch him wrap several items of cloth around his hands before firmly gripping the handle of the blade and pulling with one quick tug and removing it from my chest. Screaming out I feel my chest lift as I draw in a large breath only to start coughing blood. Slowly and painfully I turn to my side as Spyke throws the blade far into the woods. Turning back to me he asks "why did you do that? That blade was meant for me and yet you took it? Why?" Laughing before coughing harshly as i splatter blood out an over my lips I reply "because I had to. That is all the answer you will get." Coughing again I realize that I won't make it back to the cabin where I have several blood bags before I bleed to death.

Tipping my head up slightly so that I can peer into his eyes I say "I'm not going to be able to move. I have lost to much blood. Go back to the cabin and bring me a blood bag." Knowing I wouldn't still be alive when he got back as I coughed up more blood and felt it ooze from the three large wounds on my body. Looking at me with a stubborn glint in his eye, I got the was given the response I never thought I would hear "no, you can feed from me, I'm right here and I know you won't make it until I return." and with that he tore into his wrist with his enoki gates canines and presses it harshly to my mouth. As his warm, sweet and tantalizing blood flowed over my tongue my only thought was how bad this was going to end, but I couldn't bring myself to stop feeding from him. He just tasted to perfect.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••ZEKE'S POV••••••••••••••••••••••••

Laying here on the couch dressed once more with a sleeping Skyler in my arms I couldn't help but think how perfect my life was becoming. I was alpha of a strong pack, I had my best friend as my soon to be beta, and best of all I had my beautiful mate beside me. I couldn't ask for anything more.

The slamming of the door jolted me out of my thoughts, sniffing the air I was I overwhelmed by the smell if coppery blood. It almost covered the smell of Spyke and Kin. Sliding away from Skyler and getting up I follow the scent of blood into the bathroom where I'm shocked to see Kin running a wet rag over the blood and mud covered face of Spyke. I don't know if it was the rather tender gesture that shocked me or if it was the blood soaked and torn cloths that gasp to leave my lips.

At my gasp they both turn to look at me with similar look on their faces. Without even missing a beat Kin said "talk about having a bad day." and all I could do was stare in shock as Kin dropped the blood soaked rag into the sink and stepped past me leaving me staring at a very baked and dirty Spyke.