Chapter 14 - Curse My Stupid Life, Along With Me

Start from the beginning

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I'm leaving!" I yelled to Cass before stepping out of the front door.

I checked my watch.

4:57

It'd take me about five minutes to reach the cafe, by walking of course. So, I'd be two minutes late, which I guess is known as being fashionably late.

I'm not sure.

Along the way, I got many stares from people walking alongside, mainly guys. Well, this could possibly be because of the outfit I chose, which as a matter of fact gave my legs away on display.

 Well, this could possibly be because of the outfit I chose, which as a matter of fact gave my legs away on display

Yeah, I had that on.

I wasn't used to such outfits. My style was more towards a simple top and jeans, unlike Cass. She says 'that it covers too much' and that 'I should show some skin'.

I walked at a fast pace, you could say. These stares did not feel welcoming, I assure you.

Anyways, after reaching the Aroma Mocha Cafe in about five minutes, just as I had predicted, and spotting Elliot sitting at the corner table, deep in thoughts, I felt slightly relieved. All these stares made me so fucking uncomfortable.

The cafe felt warm and cozy. The walls had been painted bright red and there were a few shelves on the other side of the counter. I could spot a few waitresses, and the cashier seemed to be the only employed guy in here. The display table was filled inside out with sugar goodies. There were approximately fifteen tables, each of them filled with people chatting and gossiping.

I walked towards Elliot, but he didn't notice. Even when I was standing right in front of him, he didn't notice. He was too lost in his thoughts which looked cute if you ask me.

"Elliot?" I asked, waving my hand in front of his mesmerising blue eyes.

"Hmm? What?" He said, looking in both directions then finally facing me.

"Oh, hey Jess. You're here." He said, getting up with a jerk which shook the entire table. He didn't seem to notice it though.

"Elliot? You alright?" I questioned him worriedly.

"Oh, yeah. Um, sit." He offered. If his behaviour could get any peculiar, I'd honestly eat a jar of mayonnaise. He looked like he just murdered someone and is nervously trying to hide it.

"Yeah, sure." I spoke as I took a seat across him and placed my phone on the table.

"Wanna get a drink?" He asked, looking at the menu.