(34) Shut

Hi yo peeps!

How's it gooooing?

There was this festival in my place, celebrating the friendship of the Japanese and our country. IT WAS SO FUN! The cosplayers were amazing!

Thank you for everything, I appreciate you.

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"So after answering all your questions, we'll be able to talk about our kiss?" Charlie asks nonchalantly, fixing the way he seats on the chair.

Don't blush. Don't blush. Don't blush.

I coughed out, "Of course."

"Alright, fire away."

This is it Vanchel, go, ask him all your questions.

But what if his answers are unacceptable?

It's Charlie we're talking about, everything's acceptable.

Wait a minute...

Memories flashed like lights. It was like bricks pouring down on me.

I never knew recovering from temporary amnesia would be that fast.

"Vanch, is everything alright?" Charlie asked as he ran towards me.

"I'm... I'm fine." I took my hands off his and shook my head, "Just... I think I just remembered everything."

His eyes widened, "What timing!"

"It is." I nodded.

"That's so unrealistic!"

"We're in a book, that's normal."

●●●●●●●●●●○●○○○○○○○○○○○●○●●●●●●●●●●●●○●○○○○○○○○○○○○●○●●●●●●●●● I AM CURRENTLY FIXING THE FOURTH WALL ●●●●●●●●●●○●○○○○○○○○○○○●○●●●●●●●●●●●●○●○○○○○○○○○○○○●○●●●●●●●●●

His eyes widened, "What timing!"

"It is." I nodded, "But that just means that I can ask you everything."

He nodded, gulping silently.

"Why... why were you following me and Dean?"

He froze. "I... I wasn't following you guys."

I raised an eyebrow, "Then why were you the one who saved us?"

He sighed, "Okay, I was following you."

"Why?"

"Because." He gulped, "I was supposed to go and apologize to you after our fight when I saw you and Dean going out of the ice cream shop!"

"How did you even know that I was there in the first place?"

"My sister told me."

What? "How did even Riley know where I was going?"

"She said that you guys had a connection only girls have."

Oh right.

"But... Why didn't you tell me that you were following me? When..." I closed my eyes, trying to find proof if what I'm thinking really was a memory, "... When you called me before the accident?"

"What was I supposed to say? 'Hey, Vanchel! Who're those guys beside you? I'm currently stalking you for lying to me.' -yeah, it wasn't that easy."

I pursed my lips, "Fine, why would you lie to me about Dean's existence?"

"I told you already..."

"No, you didn't."

"I... I was scared, alright?" He walked towards me, making me put my spoon and fork down.

Why would he be scared?

"I realized when you were lying on the ground with blood covering your body that I actually loved you." He looked at me, "I got mad, angry even when I somewhat realized that if you were going to die that time, you will literally die with him." He grabbed my hands, "He's nothing to you, right?"

I frowned, taking my hands off of his, "He is."

Anger sparked in his eyes, "No, he isn't!"

I sighed, taking his hand and standing up, "He's my friend, Charlie."

He smiled, but I asked another question. "When did you broke up with Hannah?"

He answered in a blink of an eye, "When we were in the ambulance. I called her and said we're over."

Oh, he doesn't know about her cheating on him and stuff.

"Look, Charlie, I think that it is your right to know that she was cheating on you."

"I know."

"Excuse me?" I gawked at him.

"I always knew, Vanch."

"Then why were you still with her all these years?!"

"I thought that she made me happy. But... she actually never had."

Wait, so he technically broke my heart, stepped on it, burned it, and spat on it -just because he THOUGHT that she was making him happy?

Seriously Charlie?

I pursed my lips, "How did you know about my... feelings for you?"

He looked down, "Beth told me." Then suddenly, tears brimmed in his eyes, "I was so blind! I'm sorry Vanchel!"

I nodded awkwardly, patting his shoulders, "It's... fine."

Calmness surrounded his aura and he immediately hugged me, "Please tell me Vanchel, please tell me that you're mine."

If Charlie Langston told me that months ago, I would have been crying, sobbing, right now. I would have been running around town, screaming my lungs out. I would have been dead because of a heart attack.

But he didn't. And things have changed.

I pulled away from him and something flashed in his eyes, "Look, Charlie, you're just hurting with the loss of Hannah."

"What- Vanvhel-"

I cut him off by sitting on the chair and urged him to go back to his seat, "I... I don't like you that way anymore." I stared at him straight in the eyes, "Thank you, but your feelings are a little bit too late."

"Vanch-"

"I..." I cleared my throat, "I believe that I must recover from the accident first before talking about what happened not too long ago."

"We kissed, Vanch. Just say it." He sniffed, wiping the tears from his eyes.

I wanted to run to his side and kiss him, say that I was lying, and loved him. -But I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

I don't want to be a rebound. I know, deep inside, that he's still hurting because of Hannah. I'm not going to stoop so low that I'd always be the second-best.

I'm fine.

"That topic will be talked about at another time." I brought the spoon up, "I want to enjoy my meal with my best friend, please, don't make things awkward."

"Vanch-"

"Let's eat," I said firmly. I used a tone that says 'I'm not in the mood for discussion' and 'Shut the hell up' -and it's a good thing what the tone means because he did shut his mouth closed.