Construction- Katsu

Start from the beginning

"What?"  Kakashi asked impatiently. "But he's-"

"I know," Katsu said gently. "But it's not a terrible plan. Hiding in an open plain like this is not what anyone would expect us to do."

Kakashi used his thumb and index fingers to stroke his chin. "Even so," he said, unconvinced, "Giving him any ounce of trust could be an immense mistake."

"Then don't think about it like that," she said, touching his forearm. "Think about it like you're trusting my  judgement."

Kakashi narrowed his eyes and sighed. "I would still rather hide in a dense forest," he grumbled. His eyes were on her hand, his expression curious.

She quickly pulled it away and he glanced at her face with a raised eyebrow.

"But I do, unfortunately for me, trust your judgement," he murmured.

Katsu smiled.

"So when do we start building?" Sasuke asked, having rudely listened to everything they'd said.

"We were trying to have a private conversation!" Katsu snapped.

"Aw, well isn't that adorable?" Sasuke asked. "I don't know what to tell you, Princess. I can't help the fact that I have ears."

"Imedieately," Kakashi said, answering his previous question. "If there really is a city nearby, we can get supplies there."

                                                                                             *  *  *

"Are you sure you've got all that?" Kakashi asked as they were taking what had to be their hundredth trip from the town hardware store.

"Yes!" Katsu snapped angrily, stumbling with the heavy boards. "I can do anything a man can do!"

Kakashi chuckled. "Well I think this will be out last trip. We've got tons of supplies."

When the location of their future home came into view, Katsu suddenly dropped everything she had been carrying. It wasn't that it was too heavy and she had not tripped.  Sasuke's back was to them as he was working on a structure that was already almost a fourth of the way built.

Sasuke didn't hear them, he was too busy hammering nails in.

"What do you think you're doing, Uchiha?" Kakashi asked, raising his voice to be heard above the racket.

"What does it look like I'm doing, old man?"

"You know how to build?" Katsu asked.

"Well if that's what this is, then yes. Now, are you going to help or command me to do it all on my own which would actually be the more efficient option. I'd hate to have to fix all of your mistakes."

Kakashi glanced at Katsu, eyebrows raised.

"Oh come on," she said, grabbing a hammer. "We can at least help." Katsu had almost no background in construction but how hard could it be, right?

"You're doing it wrong," Sasuke said after a mere five minutes.

Katsu rolled her eyes. "I'm doing fine, I don't need your help." She continued to beat the poor nail with the hammer she was using.

"Well only if your aim is to create those circular indentations in the wood. Good lord, woman," he said, looking more closely at her work. "How many times did you miss the nail?"

"Fine!" she snapped, blocking his view of the board with her hands. "What am I doing wrong?"

He shrugged, arms crossed. "Everything."