4 - Free Day

4 - Free Day

Keith's soulmate is a shitty artist. For years the images that his soulmate has drawn on his skin, which, since they are linked, also appear on Keith's skin, have consisted of slanted lines and lopsided circles. HIs soulmate solely draws stick figures. Occasionally he attempts to draw more complicated things. Keith is never sure what his soulmate is trying to draw since he is quick to cross it out... To bury it under a thick grid of blue lines.

Blue.

Keith's soulmate likes to draw in blue ink.

Keith wishes that he could get to know his soulmate... He wishes that he could ask questions. They aren't allowed to speak to their soulmates until they are both 18. Keith only has two months to wait. He isn't sure how long his soulmate has to wait.

Feeling more excited and impatient with each passing day, Keith draws on his right arm more frequently. He never draws on his left arm since that is the arm that his soulmate favors. He doesn't want to cover his soulmates drawings with his, even if they are lame.

Although he usually draws random faces or random places, he decides to doodle. He decides to randomly move his red pen across his skin, with no particular idea in mind.

He ends up drawing a fence... A metal fence with an detailed gate. A gate, which at the last minute, he decides to hide some words in.

Well, he does more than hide SOME words.

He hides a question.

Is blue your favorite color?

Lance knows that he is supposed to wait. EVERYONE knows they are supposed to wait. The rules of the whole soulmate thing are practically implanted into their brain starting at age seven. But Lance doesn't want to wait. He feels like he CAN'T wait. His birthday is three months away. Sure, compared to years months are nothing. BUT STILL.

IT seems as though his soulmate feels the same way. Even though he nearly misses it, even though some may insist that it is just a convinced, there is a sentence within his soulmate's drawing.

Is blue your favorite color?

Lacking his soulmate's creativity and drawing ability, he responds with a smiley face. Not wanting the conversation disguised as drawings to just be one sided, Lance asks a question of his own.

[check mark] RED [x]

Lance hopes that his soulmate can guess what he is trying to ask.

His soulmate turns out to be smart and talented. Circling the check mark. Soon afterward he draws a bunch of dots. Dots that look like stars... Dots that look like randomly scattered stars.

It takes a solid five minutes of staring for Lance to realize that the dots form letters.

My name is Keith.

Using the dot system, Lance writes: I'm Lance but you call call me HOT.

Keith is quick to respond. You suck at flirting.

With an annoyed huff, Lance writes: Shut your quiznak.

Keith: Speak English please.

/casually makes a reference to "cats & memes"./