2 - Love/Hate

2 - Love/Hate

Keith will admit it, he hated Lance at first. The tall teen was loud, cocky and annoying. Keith could scarcely recall a moment when Lance wasn't talking... When he didn't have an answer for anything and everything. When Lance didn't have an answer he would make a joke. A joke that wasn't particularly funny or helpful.

Lance will admit it, he hated Keith at first. The grumpy teen was easily irritable, and couldn't take a joke. Lance can't recall a moment when Keith ever did anything besides frown. Forget about hearing Keith laugh! He'd probably rather die first. Being surprisingly serious and determined for someone who dropped out of school, Lance often felt annoyed by Keith's presence.

That was in the past.

now

Keith would do anything to see Lance again. To see his lopsided grins. Keith would do anything to hear his booming voice, and loud jokes. As it turns out, Lance's voice ridiculous answers and jokes are annoying but comforting. Crawling out of his lion, he is horrified to see that his lion isn't the only thing that is red.

His lion isn't the only thing that is broken.

Although he feels no pain due to the adrenaline pumping through his veins, he can tell that his legs are majorly messed up. They are twisted in strange directions, and seem to consist of all angles. Of broken bones. He can't walk like this. He can't fight like this. And with his lion in a similar condition, he can't find the others. He can't go home. His heart grows heavy upon the realization. He misses them. He loves them. He loves them all.

Lance would do anything to see Keith again. To see his signature frown, and skeptical gaze. As it turns out, Keith's seriousness, although annoying at times, is pretty comforting. After all seriousness is steadiness. For someone whose life seems to be one giant roller coaster, he really appreciates some steadiness. Crawling out of his lion, he is horrified to find that his lion isn't the only thing that is blue.

His lion isn't the only thing that his broken.

He can feel his hopes shatter as he realizes that the planet is covered in water, with no patches of land in sight. With his lion broken, he can't leave. With his lion broken, he can only go down. Him and his lion are sinking.

They are drowning.

Neither Lance or his lion can swim.

His heart grows heavy upon the realization. He can't go home. He misses them. He loves them. He loves them all.

Lance is...

Keith is...

Going to die without them knowing how much he loves all of them.