Chapter 4 - Deep Sleep

An hour passed before Bellamy stuttered, "it's getting late, I- I think we need rest for tomorrow. Those survivors are still out there." 'Thank god' I thought to myself - there was an unrelieved tension throughout the game and a severe awkwardness. We walked in sync over to the sofa and I sat down next to Bellamy.  "Today's been rough, huh?" He sighed, and I followed with a nod. I released a small yawn, and slowly blinked into a deep sleep.
My eyes began to gently open, the candlelight blinding my tired eyes. My head was comfortably lay on the sofa, except I realized it wasn't the sofa. My head was resting on Bellamy's shoulder, his head lay on top of mine. My eyes widened and I froze. 'What am I doing?' I thought. I glanced up to see a sleeping Bellamy resting on my head. But the comfort of Bellamy's soft hair was so pleasing that I didn't want to wake up from the sleep. I wanted to just lay there forever, his gentle head resting on mine, in a world of paradise.  His slow breathing began to get slightly faster, as he too awoke and lifted his head from mine. In realisation that we were basically cuddling up together, he quickly stood up and brushed the hair out of his face. "Uh, um...how long were we asleep?" He asked. "I, um, don't know- an hour maybe?" I replied.
I awkwardly made my way over to the double bed, setting my shoes on the floor and taking off my jacket. Slowly, I lied down onto one side of the bed, resting my head onto the soft pillow. It felt amazing to be able to finally fully rest, we'd spent weeks on the ground without any real shelter.
I watched as Bellamy did the same, slowly sliding his shirt off over his head. I gazed in awe, obviously unaware that my mouth was unhinged and I was staring right at him. Immediately, I turned away, attempting to pretend I didn't see him. He lay his head on the clearly uncomfortable sofa. It was obvious that he felt too embarrassed to ask to sleep in the same bed as me- after the moment we shared earlier. But despite his amazing body, I was still unsure of how I thought of him.
But, these words blurted out of my mouth: "Hey, you can- um- come on the bed you know, there's enough room for you. Like you said- we need a good rest." I said to him. I wasn't sure if he wanted to, considering the fact that 24 hours ago we hated each other. "Um" he paused for a while, before finally saying ,"sure- okay." He hesitantly sat on the edge of the bed, before resting his head on the pillow also.
No longer did I see the confident, overly arrogant Bellamy from the dropship. I saw a shy, self-conscious Bellamy who attempted to cover his body. For some reason I much preferred this Bellamy.
It was quite clear that he regretted taking off his shirt at this point- after all we were sharing a bed. But nothing was going to happen...we disliked each other, right? That was what I was trying to convince myself, anyway.Bellamy released a sigh, as though in comfort and happiness. "I can't remember the last time I slept on a comfy bed" he laughed. I smiled, adding "me too." I shuffled onto my side, facing away from Bellamy. I didn't want to admit it, but I started feeling flustered, in a way I'd never felt before. I had never thought of Bellamy as anything more than an acquaintance, but now I felt so differently about him - and I couldn't control my feelings. Bellamy turned onto his side also facing away from me. Was Bellamy feeling the same way I was?