0.1 «Emerson Samuels»

Start from the beginning

We walked towards the front door, and I looked back at my brothers. I laughed, making them giving me confused looks.

"You guys don't need to dress like each other, you know," I say, "You already look identical."
"What are you talking about?" they both said, looking down at their outfits. They were wearing the same pair of jeans, but had a different colored shirt on each.

They realized what had happened and shrugged at each other. Typical them. They were identical twins. And when I say identical, I mean exactly identical. Even our parents had trouble telling them apart. The only real difference was a height difference of one centimeter on Elliot's part. Other than that, they were pretty much the same person when it came to looks.

I shrugged and laughed again, then began tying my shoes. We had a very strict no-shoes policy in our house, so we took them off at the door and put them on again when we went out.
I slip on my dark blue Converse and Elliot and Evan each throw on a pair of Nikes. 

I ran to start the car and they jumped in after me. I pulled out of our long driveway and eventually on the main street, making my way to school. Looking outside, I could see this was nothing like London. London was crowded and bustling, while this town had open spaces and it seemed to be pretty calm. Huh, I could get used to this.

"So, Emmy, are you going to tell people that we're your brothers?" Evan asked from the backseat.

"Unfortunately, I probably will have to," I reply, rolling my eyes at him in the rear-view mirror.
"Hey, you have it way better than us," Elliot argues, "If you don't want to tell people that we're triplets, you don't have to. But it's pretty hard for Evan and me to explain why there is someone who looks exactly like us."

Yep. You heard him right. We were triplets. Two boys and one girl. While everyone immediately assumed Elliot and Evan were twins, I was always left out until we explained that there were three of us. I mean, we looked like siblings, but never triplets. I couldn't help but feel neglected sometimes.

I laughed, "Let's just stay together today. We'll walk in together and go home together. Don't you guys have football tryouts?"

"Yeah, and what about your track thing?"

I nodded. I was actually really excited to try out. My old school in London didn't have a team, and this was a great opportunity.

"Then it's settled. Everyone meet at the car after school," Elliot finalizes.

Evan and I nod in agreement, and I pull into the schoolyard, where I find a parking place. I grab my backpack and lock the door before I go stand next to my brothers.

I look at them, and see them holding hands. I clear my throat kind of awkwardly, "Guys, this isn't primary school. Do you really think that's a good idea?"

They turned to where I was looking, and saw their intertwined fingers. They hurriedly let their hands go, their faces going red with embarrassment. I laughed lightly. They hadn't even noticed they were doing it, which was hilarious. They held hands every year on the first day until last year, when we were freshman. It probably had something to do with them being called fags all through secondary school.

We walked ahead, and I could feel people stares. Not like I wasn't used to them. Apparently identical twins are fascinating. I could see people turning to their friends and beginning to whisper. Great. We were new students, there was no need to take a fucking piss about it.