"You need to stop thinking about others and think about yourself. You know it will be hell for you to go there. Stand up for yourself for once. Just tell them that you don't want to be any part of that wedding."

"Ugh!" she grunted and placed her forehead on the floor.

Jake could not help but to smile at how innocent she looked.

"You know it's really sad that the good people never really get what they deserve."

He sat behind her and pulled her upper body up for her to sit up.

"Come here" he said, wrapping his arms around her.

"Listen to me. You don't have to go. Think about yourself. The only how I will let you go to that sham wedding is if going will make you feel better. Most likely, that will not be the case though."

"It might be good if I get to witness the beginning of how Dimitri destroyed his life."

"Haha that wedding could be very entertaining especially how Kyle will be making an appearance there."

"Oh I can already imagine Kyle being the highlight. When there is something in life that hurts you, make a joke out of it and brush it off. I might just go there just to see it fail so I will have the last laugh at the end of the day. Anyway, enough about that topic, how is Ariel?"

Jake smiled. "She is good. She went on some job interviews today to see if she can get a job around here so that she can stay with me. I told her that she does not have to work, I will take care of her but she is stubborn."

"Haha you guys are so cute! I am really happy that you are united once again. She is even more beautiful than you described her to be. You are one of those couples that look like they are married even before they get engaged. Make sure that you capture every moment you can with her now that she is here."

"I will don't worry. Now I have two ladies to take care of so my hands are completely full."

"Hey, I told you that I don't need looking after."

Valarie stood to her feet and brushed her hair back.

"I think I will make an appearance at that haunted house but I won't tag along with the Osbournes. I'll just tell Nikolai that I am not feeling well now and I will take the late flight tonight or early tomorrow morning."

"Good, I will drop you off at the airport whichever time you decide. For now you just try to take your mind off of those people."

Dimitri flew the entire trip in silence. He did not want to be near anyone, more so his father. He did not even give him the benefit of the doubt that he may have been telling the truth. He was just off and ready to hear church bells ringing. He plugged his ear phones in his ears to drown out everything that was surrounding him.

They walked out into the lobby in search of their driver. The Chase's had sent two drivers. Dimitri made his choice ahead of his parents.

"Welcome back" Mr. Pepper greeted him.

Dimitri nodded and went off with him while his parents associated themselves with the other driver. Mr. Pepper looked frequently into the review mirror to observe Dimitri's features. He looked distant, like his mind was set way out in another galaxy.

"Not yourself today?" Mr. Pepper asked.

He answered without words.

"Got yourself into some trouble I see."

Dimitri caught his eyes in the review mirror. "I am convinced that it was someone else who got me into this trouble. You would not happen to know anything about that would you?"