( CHAPTER 12 )

"Medically, she is completely healthy. For reasons we can't explain, we are losing her," the medical droid informed Obi-Wan and Padme as they looked at Kyra.

"She's dying?" Obi-Wan asked, surprised.

"We don't know why. She has lost the will to live. We need to operate quickly if we are to save the babies," the droid continued.

"Babies?" Padmé asked in shock.

"She's carrying twins," the droid answered.

Kyra was ready to give birth. Padmé and Obi-Wan both sat by her aide, Padmé holding her hand. Kyra cried out as she began labour.

Kyra whimpered as the first child was being born. Padmé was forces tomliaten as her sister repeated 'no' a thousand times. The screams of pain every few seconds.

"Eeh say tah oy doh," the medical droid that was delivering the twins held one. The child was passed to Obi-Wan.

"It's a boy," Obi-Wan I formed Kyra, who looked at the child.

"Luke," she breathed.

She reached up a hand to touch his arm. The child cooed at her touch.

"Oh, Luke," Kyra smiled, but it was soon gone.

Kyra lied there, the pain rippling through her body. She cried for Anakin to be there, but he wouldn't. He couldn't be there.

"Ooh bah, ooh bah," the droid repeated as Kyra whimpered once more.

Padmé held her sisters hand still as she cried. Her grip was tight through the pain, but Padmé didn't care. She wanted to help her sister through this.

"Eeh say tah oy doh," the droid repeated the same thing it had for the first.

"It's a girl," Padmé smiled down at the child as she was handed to her.

"Leia," Kyra breathed, relieved that it was over.

Kyra could feel it. She was dying. Anakin's dream was true, and she would die at childbirth. Her children would never know her. She would never see them except for this last time.

Kyra began breathing heavily. "Obi-Wan? There's still good in him. I know. I know there's. . . still. . .

Padmé wept as she heard her sister give her final breath. Kyra's body lied still. Her chest didn't rise and fall like the rest of them. She was now just an empty body with no one inside.

Yoda, outside the window, lowered his ears. Kyra, his former padawan, and one of the few good Jedi, had died.

Obi-Wan stood still. He felt his heartache for Kyra and for Anakin. He could constantly hear Kyra's final words in his ears. She believed there was good in him.

***

Darth Vader, chained to a table, was slowly moved upright. The only noise was the breathing from the respirator that emitted from his mask.

"Lord Vader, can you hear me?" Palpatine asked as he looked at his apprentice.

"Yes, My Master," Vader breathed. "Where is Kyra? Is she safe, is she all right?"

"It seems in your anger, you killed her," Palpatine informed the Skywalker within the suit.

A low groan emanated from Vader's mask. Suddenly everything in the room began to implode, including some of the droids.

"I couldn't have! She was alive! I felt her! She was alive! It's impossible!" Vader yelled.

The bonds that held him to the table broke. He took steps forward like he was a newborn bantha.

"No!" Vader's cry echoed throughout the chamber.

***

Padmé had planned the funeral. Everything was planned just for her sister. Even with her constant crying, she attended.

The streets of Naboo were lit with lights. Four large creatures carried a casket that carried the fallen Kyra inside. Padmé thought she looked at peace - no longer burdened by war, her Jedi duties.

Padmé walked with her parents, all three wiping their eyes. Sola walked with her two kids who didn't know what was going on. Jar Jar walked with his head down, deeply saddened by the loss of one of his great friends.

Her curls were spread out on the casket. Blue flowers and ribbons were scattered through her hair, matching her dress. She truly did look like an angel.

Not one of the mourners knew what had happened. How Kyra had been betrayed by her own husband. Her children were separated on different planets away from each other. How her husband was serving to Darth Sidious.

All they saw was the Kyra Amidala from years ago. The one who laughed, and had no burdens. Who fell in love with the playfully padawan who loved Speeders and who she was comfortable around.

Everyone at the funeral saw the necklace that was between her hands. They didn't know of its sentimental value and what it represented - only Padmé and Kyra knew the story.

How she fell in life be with the little boy on Tatooine. How he distracted her from her duties. Only to witness his wife demise, and turn to the dark side.

All for her.

It held the last part of the Anakin she knew. The part that wasn't now a machine.

The Anakin that Kyra had grown to love.