I raised a hand. "No, thanks.. and what thrill would there be if we do spend the rest of the night eating junkfoods, hm?"

"Well, first of all, it'll help you get through your broken heart." She smirked.

I sighed. This is going nowhere.

"Ino, I'm going back to Sasuke. Don't worry about me, okay? I've been through this crap before, remember?"

She slumped her shoulders in defeat and let me walk away. But not before I heard her mutter,

"But this is different, forehead. You loved Sasori more than anything..."

I ignored her words. Maybe I did----maybe I still do... but what's the use?

*

The night was still young, yet my body felt so exhausted considering that me and Sasuke only danced for about five minutes now. Here I am, staring at the ground as the raven-haired man pulled me closer to him.

"Just tell me if you want to go home, Sakura.." his soft voiced reached my ears and I can't help but be touched by his concern.

"No, I'm fine.. Sasuke-kun."

I raised my head to look at him in the eye. His dark orbs pulling me in.

The world is coming down on me and I can't find a reason to be loved

He's perfect. Sasuke Uchiha is the kind of man I would instantly fall in love with in a heartbeat. He's handsome---overly handsome. He's attractive, rich, well-mannered, smart, possessive and has a body to die for. A bit arrogant, but I'm sure that I can handle that trait of his.

He's like a modern version of Prince Charming.

And most important of all, he loves me.

I have tons of reasons why I should love him. But somehow, those reasons aren't enough. And ironically, I only have one reason why I can't love a Sasuke Uchiha.

I never wanna leave you but I can't make you bleed if I'm alone

He's not Sasori Akasuna.

When Sasuke spun me around, Kiba came into view and bowed a little before turning to Sasuke.

"Can I borrow her for a sec, buddy?"

The young Uchiha only gave a nod before letting me go and went to out table. I faced my ex-boyfriend and instantly, he placed his hands on my waist as we swayed to the music.

You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go...

"Hey.."

I smiled. "What's up?"

The brunette gave me his boyish smile, the same smile I fell in love with  years ago. Suddenly, a pang of nostalgia crept into me. I remember all our happy memories. I remember everything.. from having our first kiss, to being so inlove with him... to him, unexpectedly breaking up with me.

I hope that you see right through my walls

It's funny that I can't feel anything now that I think about it. I don't feel bitter or hurt anymore. Psh. And to say that it took me a year before I finally moved on from this guy.

"You look beautiful, Sakura-chan.."

By the way, I was wearing a black, strapless dress with a red, pink and orange hues flowing downwards as it's design. Ino picked this out for me a few weeks ago. I wore it along with some black heels and a black flower hairpin.

"Thanks. You don't look half-bad yourself, dog boy." I replied and we both laughed.

I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling

Silence came after.

I took the opportunity to ask.

"Kiba?"

"Hm?"

"Why did you break up with me in the first place?"

I'll never let our love get so close

He smiled genuinely. Kiba Inuzuka then leaned closer and whispered, "Because the stars told me to.."

My eyebrows furrowd, but before I could even open my mouth to ask, he continued,

"...Sakura, have you ever experienced that one moment when you couldn't explain something? I felt that before. Don't get me wrong, I loved you. But somehow, I felt that we're not meant to be together."

I remained silent. Pondering on his words.. Kiba then let go of me and touched my cheek. His eyes bore deeply into mine.

You put your arms around me and I'm home

"I don't regret breaking up with you.. because I knew you'd find the guy destined for you, Sak. I knew you'll get over me and fall in love all over again.. this time, with the right person."

My heart squeezed at what Kiba said. Tears threatened to fall and I could feel the lump in my throat.

Kiba... he became the bridge. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't get drunk that night and wish for a boyfriend. I wouldn't have met Sasori and felt alive again.

Everything does happen for a reason..

To Be Continued...

***