Chapter 35

Sakura's POV

Why does time suddenly seem so slow? Every minute felt like an hour. Every second, I counted my heart beat. For the nth time this evening, I fiddled with my fingers and stared at the wallclock on the wall infront of me.

"Three.. two...one.."

Ding-dong!

I heaved out a sigh and made my way towards the door. When I opened it, Sasuke was already smiling down at me with this oh-so-sexy aura. I looked him up and down. Not bad. Nah.. He could be mistaken for a model in those clothes.

"Is there anything wrong with me wearing a suit, Sakura-chan?"

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the door after turning off the lights.

"I was just admiring how much of a spolied brat you look like." I nonchalantly said. He shrugged and dragged me to his black sports car.

Throughout the journey to the venue, my mind couldn't help but think about Sasori. I've been thinking about him like crazy since yesterday and it doesn't help that I have a bad habit of not sleeping properly because of my endless curiosity and wishful thinking.

I do hope the concealer did the trick. I'd hate to look like a walking dead tonight-----but, on the other hand.. who cares? I'm not impressing anyone. So they could just suck it up and endure seeing me like a witch.

"Sakura,"

I turned to Sasuke. We both know I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying to me, again. I saw the worried look on his face as he spoke, "I said, we're here."

I nodded once and let him open the car door for me.

He then linked arms with me as we proceeded to the grand palace. The school really did put more money in it this year.  I thought as we entered. Immediately, I saw a familiar blonde. I waved to call his attention and when he spotted me, Naruto practically bolted to my side.

"Sakura-chan!"

I smiled. A fake one.

I don't know, but lately, I find it so difficult to smile sincerely. I find it so difficult to be genuinely happy about the little things in life. I feel like I don't even know myself anymore.

"Hi, Naruto."

I tried my best to look as if I haven't been through emotional hell. The blonde didn't seem to notice it because he automatically grinned and said, "Yosh! You look amazing, Sakura-chan! If you weren't my bestfriend's date, I'd totally---"

Sasuke protectively wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Totally what, dobe?" He gave his bestfriend a cocky, yet dangerous smile. Naruto sweatdropped and scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Ah...he he he.. nothing!"

I rolled my eyes. It was then did Ino and Hinata came into the scene. My blonde bestfriend grabbed my by my wrist and shot a glance at Sasuke.

"I'm gonna borrow my bestfriend, 'kay? Bye!"

Hinata was left dealing with Naruto.

Atleast they're making progress.

Ino Yamanaka dragged me towards a corner and spoke, "Are you sure you're okay?" I smiled again but before I could give her a scripted answer, she glared daggers at me and added, "And stop the act, Sakura Haruno. I know you. Now, do you want to go home and spend the rest of the night eating junkfood? I'll call my parents so that we could----"