7.

Jayceon mm

Miles Carter

I was out in the break room grabbing a cup of coffee when I seen Melanie and Michael come back, and they were pretty close. He held onto her hand and every word that slipped from his mouth caused Mel to either laugh or smile. I wonder what the hell she sees in a guy like him anyways.

I grabbed my cup of joe and left out, heading back into my office thinking about where I'm going to take her and I thought about this restaurant called Nan Thai that just opened recently. They serve great Thai food in my opinion, and I want to share my experience with her.

I picked up my phone and checked the time to see it was now going on 1pm. I thought that maybe I should let her go for the day to prep for our date tonight. I stood up from behind my desk and walked out of the office and towards her teal decorated office.

I knocked before entering, something I never do, and seen Michael typing away on his laptop, but Mel wasn't there.

"Where's Mel?" I asked him. He was about to speak when I heard her heels clicking against the floor behind me and I turned to see her eating a donut and toting a bag of popcorn in her hand. She looked up to me and rolled her eyes walking past me.

She placed her things down on the desk and grabbed a napkin, wiping the corners of her mouth.

"What's up?" She asked taking a seat.

"I'm letting you go for the day." I said in a more serious tone.

"Oh uh okay thanks." She said smirking.

"Yeah whatever." I said nonchalantly and left out. I walked back into my office to continue some work before tonight.

Melanie Stephen

"Damn how the hell you get to leave early?" Michael asked closing his laptop and looking me over carefully.

"Ummm I don't know mike I guess I've been a good girl." I smirked, packing up my things.

"Nah you a bad girl I don't know what the fuck he seen that you done good." He said standing up and coming behind the desk where I stood. He looked me in my eyes and rubbed my forearm.

"Mike what are you doing." I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Come here." He said grabbing me and bringing me into his chest. He started to move closer to kiss me on the lips, which I immediately curved.

"Mike, I don't think this is a good idea. I like you, but not so much to let you kiss on me like that." I said in a way that let him off easily, but not too harsh.

He looked as if I shattered his heart into a million pieces.

"Oh okay well just hit me up, you know I'm always there for you." He smiled lightly. He walked from around my desk and grabbed his laptop.

"Yeah, I know." I smiled.

"I'll catch you later Melanie." He didn't even give me time to speak back before he left out. I sighed deeply and grabbed my things, leaving out. I walked down the aisle and to the elevator pressing the button when a guy in a nice suit appeared next to me.