Chapter Twenty-one

Kassandra's POV (Unedited)

I was seating in the waiting lounge, but my thoughts were still thinking about that familiar voice. I imply it that I'm not this jealous when it adds up to Xander's women but this woman is different. And if I am not mistaken, that woman called me when we were in Boston.

Oh my god, Kassandra! You're already paranoid. That woman is one of your husband's client! He come she's the woman who called you in Boston? That's just impossible. You're overreacting and just jealous! I scolded myself silently and shook my head.

I stood up while amazingly looking at the ambiance of the building when someone interrupt. I instantly took a glance thought that it was the receptionist who called. Surprised when I see a woman who wear impeccably in her blue bodycon knee length dress. She seems more stunning and presentable than I am wearing.

So... You are Xander's fiance', right? She lifted her brow while eyeing me from head to toe.

Who is she? Oh! Dammit! Her voice! She's the woman Xander's reffering to me. But.. Why she's here? I silently asked myself.

Oh! You're wrong.. I presume that you didn't read the newspaper today. By the way, let me acquaint myself. I'm Kassandra William- Connell. The wife of the famous businessman, Mr. Xander Connell. And you? I plastered a false smile, lending my hand to her.

Of course... I know you really well, Ms. William.. I'm just kind of surprised to the news. I even doubted about the whirlwind love story of you and Xander.. And..  I want you to know that I've been his fiance' too! She smiled sarcastically while only looking at my hand whom she just ignored.

Ex-fiance to be precise.. I corrected while sarcastically looking at her. Then what now if you're my husband's ex-fiance? Does it changed anything if you're his ex? Well, your ex marries me and he's my husband now! I furiously said.

Really? I highly doubt it, Kassandra! How come Xander marries you in a very short of time? I didn't even saw you in any tabloids that you're Xander's new account. She smiled arrogantly.

Shit! Did she already know about our secrets? No! She was only testing me. How come she knows when Xander didn't tell anyone? I silently asked myself.

Is that the solitary thing you can say to me, Ms. Ex-fiance? Trapping me with your tell tale stories? Oh.. come on.. I'm pity for you. I pronounced in a puppy  face.

I'm not yet finish with you, Kassandra! Bare this in your mind that I will make Xander mine again even if you're his wife! She furiously whispered in my ear and laughed out loud as she went out.

Shit! How dare she ruin and threat me like that! Well, I'm not afraid of her! I muttered furiously.

But what if Xander still loves her? I've heard that Xander almost ruined his life to that woman. Oh, my Kassandra. You have to be tough and ready if that takes place. My subconscious said.

I nearly leaped out of frightenedness when someone grabs my waist and hugged me from my behind. I heave a deep breath of relief when I found out my husband's voice.

I've been calling you many times but you didn't answer. I missed you so much, sweetheart.. He whispered and kissed the back of my ear. I closed my eyes to fight the urge of wanting him.

Oh, I'm so sorry honey.. I turned around and smiled at him. I missed you too, so much. I lifted his cheeks and giggle. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

Shall we? I still have a meeting at one. He asked while glancing to his watch.

Okay.. So.. Where are you planning to go? I smiled while he was taking my hands.