Chapter Thirteen

"My daddy said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling never goes away."

― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Kassandra's POV (Not Edited)

I was about to get back, when I saw Paige coming towards Xander.

"Shit! That woman again! Can't keep her hands out of Xander! I thought irritatingly.

Exactly as I turned around to fetch some wine on the buffet table just to calm down my raging nerves, when I heard someone's familiar voice beside me.

"You are still the hiding princess I know.." He stated...

I slowly glance beside my way and surprise as I recognize the man.

Oh... Christopher.. Hi... I smiled a little morsel.

"Kassandra... It's been a long time since we last met and you look dazzling and beautiful tonight.."He smiled devilishly at me as he kissed the back of my hand.

Oh... Thank you.. And you're still the witty, naughty and playboy guy I knew.. I laugh softly and he also...

So.. Why are you here, then? I know that you're not actually a party kind of woman. He asked..

Yeah... I'm only here because I accompanied my fiance. I was about to move back when I've got thirsty and decided to stop here.. I smiled as I took and gulp a glass of champagne.

Okay.. So.. The news is true. You're getting married in one of the most important and richest bachelor in the world.. He stated flatly..

"Yeah.." So, you already read the news." I said and smiled..

"Eventually, yes..." He said..

Okay.. That's what my mom had told me about this morning and now, she still can't believe it, but she's very happy for me.. I stated.

We kept on chatting and laughing when I forgot that I have to go as I remember that Xander is waiting for me and maybe he's searching already for me. I glance at Xander's direction, but he's nowhere...

"Where is he? Did he and Paige already left? No... He can't pass along without me. Maybe he's somewhere in the middle of the crowd." I thought as I look around..

"Am I interrupting something here, sweetheart?"

I nearly jumped on my place when I heard Xander's booming voice behind me.. I look at him and noticed that.. His glare is dark and venomous. He's like... He's going to kill Christopher right at this moment.

Shit! This is a big trouble!

Was he actually jealous? Or he just only mad at me because he caught me chatting to a man? I'm confused on what to do.

Uh.. Mmm.. Sweetheart... I place a smile on my face... This is Christo______. I held back as Xander spat at me.

"I know him..." Xander said without even glancing with me.

What? How? I inquired, but he didn't reply. I look at Christopher with a questioning glare.

"What are you doing in here, Christopher? Do you also planned all of this?" Xander asked rudely while Christopher smiled merely..

Me? Oh.. Come on, brother.. You're not the only person invited in here.. In fact, our father called me to consider his place because he can't come here. Christopher said it sarcastically.

Whoah! Brother? They are brother? Shit! This is getting worse if I don't stop them...

Christopher! I admonished..

Maybe you should leave now.. I said calmly even if my toes start to trembling.

No! Stay there! Xander said while glares at me, darkly..

Yeah.. I think I should go now, Kassandra.. And nice seeing you again after a long time.. Christopher said sarcastically.

"Do that..." Xander said rudely, giving my friend a murderous glare..

Xander! Will you stop it? You're not making sense anymore. I said furiously, but he didn't take heed..

"If you don't want your blood to spill on this damn floor.. Get Lost! Or if you don't, I will announced it to the media about your filthy damned business!

I gasped at his word..

"Bullshit! What's going on between them? I don't understand why Xander treat Christopher like that..They're brothers for god's sake! I shook my head in resignation.

"Chill, bro.." Believed me or not, I don't have any intentions to take away Kassandra from you.." Christopher smiled while Xander's hand is ready to punch him any moment.

"Oh... Really? Is that really true?" Xander smiled sarcastically..

"Why? What do you mean? Are you suspecting me, brother?"

"Don't call me brother because I don't have a brother who is traitor! I already knew about you and Alex.. So, stop pretending that you're innocent! Because you are not!"

Shit! Who is Alex in Xander's life? Is she the woman that Aunt Margaret referring to? I asked myself as I already felt jealous of Alex.

"Both of you! Will you please stop?"

"Xander!" I said furiously as I observed that any moment Xander will about to wrung Christopher's neck.

Xander glared vehemently at me..

"Moments after I turn my back on you and here you're dallying with my half brother? Have you forgotten that you're engaged to me, Kassandra?" He hissed like I'm some dirty woman.

"Are you saying that I am coquetting with your brother?" "That's why you act like that?" I furiously said..

He was silent.. I look at Christopher but he's nowhere.. I look back at him..

"I'm not an idiot, Xander! I already told you that Christopher is just my old time friend. Can't you even understand that? And it's not my doing to flirt with any other man.." I bravely said and abruptly went out of the hall.

Xander's POV (Not Edited)

"Holy! Hell! What have I done?" I rubbed my forehead warily as I look Kassandra went out of the hall.

I immediately run after her and saw that she's already in the limousine.

"Oh.. God! Thank you.." I heave a sigh, thinking that she didn't take a cab,alone..

I clamber in and noticed that she instantly wiped her face with her hands..

"Is she crying? " I asked myself.

"Shit! Oh! God! I hate woman crying."

"Now, you feel guilty of your doing?" My subconscious said..

We were silent until we reach my penthouse.. She instantly went to her room without having a conversation. I don't know how to do or say to her. I was dumb and get carried away of my anger when I saw her chatting with my bastard's brother because it all reminds me of Alex. And I don't want to go back those things anymore because I suffered a lot.

I decided to went to the liquor room and fetch some of my favorite whiskey- the Jack Daniel's.

Morning came, I wake up with a pang of headache.. I immediately sat up on the bed to fetch some medicine when I noticed that I'm not wearing anything.. I look at the ambiance and realized that I'm not in my room..

What the heck I am doing in Kassandra 's room?

Hi guys... I hope you love this chapter. I know it is too short but I'm just excited to see your reactions after you read this. I promise that the next chapter will be a long one.. :-D

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE THIS STORY..

Love and kisses,

babyhariss89