Chapter Fourteen

"You could be David's friend too". She glanced at Tamani when he said nothing. He was frowning. "The two of you have a lot in common, and we're all in this together".

He shook his head. "It wouldn't work".

"Why not? He's a nice guy. And it would do you good to have some human friends", she said, hinting at what she suspected was the root of the problem.

"It's not that", Tamani said, gesturing vaguely with one hand.

"Then why?" Laurel asked, exasperated.

"I just don't want to cozy up to the guy whose girl I have every intention of stealing"

― Aprilynne Pike, Illusions

Kassandra's POV (Not Edited)

I ran immediately to my room without having a conversation with Xander. Tears flowing down on my cheeks as I recalled of what Xander said to me. He accused me that I'm flirting with his half brother.. And the hurt and annoyance that I feel right now is like, he stabs my heart with the knife. I'm really mad and angry at him.

He is cruel, insensitive and heartless! I don't know how to handle him anymore. He thinks that he's almighty.. I murmured angrily as I sat depressed on my bed.

I decided to go to the bathroom to take a quick shower... Maybe it will lessen the nuisance of my throbbing head.

As I was finished taking a bath, I heard a knock on the main door.

"Kassandra! Please! Open the door.. We need to talk!" He stated with a demanding voice..

"What for?" I murmured irritatingly as I dried out my hair- using a hair dryer.

I didn't reply, nor answer him.. I have all enough of this day... But, he keeps on knocking..

"Shit! What's his problem? Can't he understand that I don't want to talk to him? "I muttered angrily..

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry... I know I was insensitive.. I didn't mean to say those words to you. Please! Open the door!"

Oh! I hate that endearment! I'm not gonna talk to you! Not this time! I murmured, and shook my head...

Please! Open this door or I will knock it down! He called out, rattling the door forcefully.

Do it! I'm not afraid of you anymore!

I went out of the bathroom and quickly stride towards my closet. I pick up the red lace underwear and just as when I wore it when he knock again..

Ugh! I stride towards the door and open it forcefully..

"What the f*ck is your problem? Can't you understand that I don't want to talk to you?" I furiously said, but he just stared at me- tongue tied.

"What? Why you can't answer me? Are you dumb? Or you're hardly acting like your sorry, for me to forgive you? I asked and poke his chest, but he didn't respond.

Oh, God.. Help me get him out of here.. I rub my head wearily as I look at him half naked and I'm already tempted to touch those..

Exactly as I spun around, when he grabs my hand and pulled me roughly with his strong muscled arm towards him.. He shut the door forcefully. Then, I smelled him the liquor..

"What are you doing? Please let go of me! Xander! You're dru__.. " I wanted to push him, but my words were lost when his head dipped down and hid my mouth with his in a savage kiss..