Remus Lupin x Werewolf!Reader (_cereal-reviver_'s Request)

Start from the beginning

"Why are you all alone here, (Y/n)?" I cautiously asked and looked into her eyes deeply. "I saw Natalie and Jim in another compartment. You guys had a fight?"

She looked puzzled, as if she were thinking. "No... We're just not friends anymore."

"Not friends?" I looked at her concerned. "Is everything okay? Trouble at home? Or-"

"Look," she said sternly. "I appreciate that you care, but it's none of your concern, okay? I'm fine, I just want to be left alone."

"You don't want to be left alone. Nobody wants to be left alone," I stated and knew that something was off about her.

"Don't tell me what I want or don't want. I'm perfectly capable of deciding what's good for me!" she snapped and tears welled up in her eyes.

"Those who ask to be left alone need the company and support more than everyone," I replied and took out a tissue from my pocket. I offered it to her and she snatched it out of my hand and muttered, "Thanks."

I smiled at her and leaned back. "When you feel like talking, don't be afraid to talk to me. You know where to find me."

James, Sirius and Peter burst in at that moment and the rest of the train trip was us, the boys chatting away happily and she reading her book curled up in the corner, like a little hurt animal. Hurt animal... She made me think of myself as she cried silently and wiped off her tears, thinking I didn't notice.

...

Trembling, you curled up on the hospital bed. You were never ever going to get used to the transformation. It was painful and you ended up hurting yourself again. Long claw marks ran down your forearms and hands. Madam Pomfrey said they wouldn't disappear. What more is there to being a werewolf other than collecting scars, hurting and being an outcast? you thought bitterly and adjusted the bandages on your arms. You couldn't even hide them properly under your oversized sweater. Not like anyone would care about me, you thought. You successfully drove everyone away from you and your old friends didn't even greet you anymore. You had never felt so alone. All that was left to you was your fantasy about Remus John Lupin. Thinking about him made you happier, made you feel like there was a way out of this. Sometimes, you almost felt like talking to him. Especially when passing by you he'd greet you loudly with a huge smile plastered on his face. Though you kept reminding yourself that letting him close to you would be dangerous and you couldn't put him in such danger without him knowing the risks. Telling him was not an option either, because he'd never want to talk to you again after learning your secret. And since he was the only light left in your life, you couldn't bring yourself to confess.

"No, no, I'm alright, but thank you anyways, Madam Pomfrey!"

"Well, off you go then!"

You heard a boy talking to Madam Pomfrey and you peaked out from behind the white hospital curtain. There stood a rather battered Remus Lupin with tousled hair, pale face and dark circles under his eyes. He laughed a little, but it was obvious that he had been in pain. Remus said goodbye to Madam Pomfrey and left the Infarmary. You watched him go and couldn't help but feel suspicious. However, you came to the conclusion that there was no way Remus John Lupin was like you. He couldn't be one of those monsters.

...

You had spent the whole day in the Infarmary. You felt a little better in the evening and you decided to go to the Great Hall and have dinner. You didn't bother putting on your uniform - you went in your oversized sweater, ripped jeans and sneakers. Sitting down by the Gryffindor table you made sure you were as far away from other people as you could be.

Someone sat incredibly close to you and put an arm around your shoulder. You tried to pull away from whoever that was, but they grabbed your forearm and you hissed in pain.