Sirius Black (ClementineCarson's Request)

You arrived at Grimmauld's place. Funny how you had never been there before despite being Sirius Black's girlfriend for five years back then. You were very anxious to meet him again. It had been a very long time and you didn't know how it was going to work out. You had thought at the beginning of your separation that you will be able to move on from Sirius and maybe even fall in love with someone else, but later you had to realize that you were never ever going to get over him. Every time someone mentioned his name, your heart beat faster. You fantasized about him being innocent while he was in Azkaban. You pictured the life you could never have together. He was the love of your life - there was no denying it.

You often wondered whether your decision to follow the commands of the Order blindly were right or wrong. Since you worked at the Department of International Magical Cooperation at the Ministry, you were asked to use all the international relations you had in order to win countries to your cause and convince anyone who'd might follow Voldemort to turn against him. Obviously, this was a very dangerous task and the Deatheaters were constantly after you, but you could handle this with the help of an Auror called Sam Drake. (A/n: An Easter egg for the Uncharted 4 fans.)

However, no matter how we look at it, you lost Sirius because you chose duty over love.

You slowly walked through the dark narrow corridor. You were late from the first Order meeting you had been invited to, because you had just arrived back to England. When Voldemort had been defeated, Sam asked you to go home with him, but you refused. You lived abroad, still working for the Ministry. However, when Voldemort returned, you were asked to come back by the Order and you came. Now you were struggling to find where the meeting took place in the maze-like house. You finally found a door which indicated light inside and then you heard faint talking coming from the other side. Your heartbeat sped up and you couldn't think straight. You could see him. You would see him. You only had to open the door.

Mustering up your courage, you grabbed the doorknob and pushed the door in. The Order members' heads shot up when you stepped in and closed the door behind you.

"Hello," you said and smiled at all the familiar faces.

Sam Drake was already on his feet and he pulled you in for a tight hug. You had a faint feeling that he liked you when you worked together, but you couldn't think of anyone but Sirius.

When you pulled back, you saw Sirius staring at you with eyes open wide. You stared back at him, your eyes showing all the love and longing you felt for him. The man you loved had aged. Wrinkles appeared on his face, he looked thinner and more tired. But he was still as charming and handsome as you remembered him. You wondered whether he still found you beautiful after all those years.

"(Y/l/n), it was time you joined us," said Moody and gestured for you to sit down. "For those of you who don't know (Y/n) (Y/l/n), she made a great sacrifice for the Order during the First Wizarding War."

"How touching," moaned Severus Snape and glared at you. "Can we quit chatting about our personal lives and get back to why we are here?"

You saw your old friend Remus clenching his fists and Sirius trying to get up.

"Severus is right," you said quickly before something could happen and took a seat next to Sam. "Let's get down to business."

...

She talked and I couldn't make a single word out. I just stared at her and listened to that sweet familiar voice of hers with love. Crazy how she could affect me even after all these years. When Snivellous made that comment, I thought I was going to hit him. (Though I doubt it would have made his nose any uglier, so I might as well should have done it...)