Chapter 12

The last day at Paenons flew by very quickly, so quickly, that the last thing productive he actually remembered doing, was getting gear.

He, Dare, Yuri, and Beau, all stood inside of the room they trained in. "We are going to bring a lot of gear in today, so that you will have everything you need. You will also have clothing, suited for this mission." Yuri told them.

"If you two would go wait outside for a few moments," Beau asked them. Dare looked at Cyrus, but Cyrus simply turned around and went out the door. "Will you close that on your way out Dare?" Beau asked him.

Dare glided out the door, and flicked his wrist, slamming the door shut, and making Cyrus jump. "Cyrus, I'm sorry that I told them you told your mom, and it was wrong of me, and you can be mad at me all you want, but you cannot ignore me. If we are going on this mission, we need to be able to rely on each other."

Just then, Beau yelled, "You guys can come in." Dare turned around, and flicked his wrist once more, opening the door and walking in, with a look of wonder in his eyes.

Cyrus stood up, and walked into the room, with an expression of awe creeping onto his face.

The room was filled with gear, and clothing. "First, you guys will get your clothing, then your gear, and then you will be on your way to stop the gods, and Help Telethonis," Yuri said, as she led them over to where the clothes were.

There were a lot of different styled clothes. He saw a variety of cloaks, tunics, and some garments he had never seen before.

Dare floated over to a tunic, and picked it up, it was a cyan blue color, that had some shoulder pads that served as protection for the neck, and shoulders. He put it on, and upon putting it on, it made him look more solid, like he was just hovering in air.

Cyrus walked over to a stand of clothing, and grabbed some sort of a vest. "What is this?" He turned to Beau. Beau walked over to him, and grabbed the article of clothing from Cyrus, "This is a dragon-leather vest, made out of a tanned dragon skin, and left to sit for thousands of years, one of the strongest armor pieces in existence." He handed the vest back to Cyrus and said, "Try it on."

Cyrus unlatched the four buckles on the sides of the vest, and two on the shoulders, separating the vest into two pieces. He held the back on, as Beau latched on the two shoulder buckles, and stood back as Cyrus latched the remaining four buckles together on the side.

Cyrus was surprised how comfortable the piece was on his body, for something as hard as dragon-leather. He walked over to where the foot wear was, and grabbed an odd pair of boots, with fur attached to them. Directly beneath the boots, was a pair of cuisses

He took the fur and cuisses and placed them on a bench. He went over to where undergarments were, and grabbed a pair of medieval black hosen, with a cup around the crotch.

He went back over to his stack of clothes, took off his pants and pulled on the hosen, which felt like tights. He strapped the cuisses to his legs, and pulled on the furs. He summoned a mirror, and looked at himself. He liked the armor he had chosen, and turned back around.

He went over to the cloaks, and picked out a black neck wrap, that he put on above his vest. Next to the cloaks, were masks. He looked at the masks, and picked out a black face mask that would cover his mouth and nose.

He thought his armor was complete, but then Dare said, "Cyrus, get some sort of an arm guard to protect your arms." Cyrus agreed, and walked over to where Dare was.

Siting on the table, were a variety of arm guards, and gauntlets. Cyrus grabbed a pair of elbow length gauntlets, and Dare grabbed a pair of iron bracers.

Cyrus looked at what Dare was wearing, and was shocked. The armor he had put on made him look like a real human, and weighed him down so he was standing on his feet. Date was wearing a grey face mask, and iron vest, iron bracers, black tights, fur and cuisses, and a long, faded orange tattered cape.

"I like your clothes," Dare said to Cyrus, who said, "You too."

Beau clapped his hands, and said, "If you would please step outside, we will get the rest of your equipment for you."

Dare and Cyrus went outside, and closed the door. A moment later, beau yelled, "Come back in." And they did just that.

Upon entering, the whole room had changed, and was filled with weapons. "We have already made a pack for you, that consists of curitives, and tools that you will need. You just need to pick weapons," Yuri explained to them.

Cyrus went over to a pair of daggers, and picked them up. Then Beau stepped in, "That staff of yours can turn into anything you want."

Cyrus closed his eyes, and summoned his staff from the tent. It materialized in front of him, and hovered. He grabbed it, and thought of what he wanted it to turn into: a pair of daggers.

He felt a change in his hands, and when he opened them, he was holding slim, razor sharp black daggers. He grabbed a sheath, and put it on his waist, placing his daggers inside.

He went over to the pack, and slung it on his back.

Dare grabbed a pair of stilettos, and a griffin compound bow, made to look like the wing of a griffon. "I didn't know you shot bow," Cyrus said to Dare. "I got first place in archery contests for three years," he said, smiling down at the bow in his hands.

He put it on a hook that Beau put on his back, and slung a quiver on his back as well. He walked over to the bag, and said, "Can I have something smaller? Something I can hang on my belt?" Yuri smiled, "I'm glad you asked that, here are smaller enchanted bags, designed to fit any sized object inside."

They put everything into their new bags, and hung them on their belts, and looked at their instructors, who said, "Are you ready to save the gods?" Cyrus and Dare looked at each other, and then nodded, "Yes!"

Beau and Yuri summoned a portal that was a bright greenish color, and said, "First, you will save the Goddess of the Forest," before Cyrus and Dare, stepped into the portal.

Hello everyone, it is Isaac, and I am incredibly sorry for not posting in 2 months, I have been very busy with school, and I forgot about my writing. I am very appreciative of those that have read this far, even though I haven't been posting, it means so much to me.
Thank you all so much for the support, and don't forget to give this chapter a star, and add it to your library! It means a lot.

~Isaac