Chapter 10: The Emptiness

Twilight had not left her room for three days. After returning home, the first thing she did was collapse on her bed and in the morning went shopping for food. Since then, she had not moved. Her friends would swing by, trying to cheer her up and convince her to go out, but none of them succeeded. Pinkie Pie even threw a welcome home party, but that only brought her to tears. Then one night she was at the table of for dinner with the Princesses, her friends, and brother. As she fiddled with her fork, she thought of her many mealtimes with Leo. He would always give her what she asked, or surprise her with her favorites. She remembered one time when he spill his own food at him and she giggles and with a smile on her face.

Her lack of appetite did not go unnoticed.

"Are you alright, my dear?" Celestia inquired.

Twilight winced, as she was used to hearing that question from someone else. "I'm just not hungry, that's all."

"Maybe you should get some rest," Applejack suggested, noting the dark circles under her eyes.

"Okay." Said Twilight. As she left Cadence realize something and says it to everyone.

"I think that Twilight really loves Leo." Said Cadence and everyone realizes it and we're feeling awful for Twilight and hope that she's okay.

Leo was not getting any sleep either. He tossed and turned on the ceiling all night, but he could not rest. He was thinking of Twilight, betting that she was sleeping much more peacefully now that she no longer had him to fear. It took all his cognitive power not to check in on her. He had tried to distance himself for the past few days, but the longing to see her, to hold her in his arms, still lingered.

He jumped out of bed and went to the garden where Twilight reads him her favorite story. Then Leo's father came to him.

"My son, are you all right?" Asked Splinter.

"No I'm not okay." Said Leo as tears came down." I had to let Twilight go but I really miss her.

"Well if you want her so bad, why did you let her go?" Asked Splinter.

"Because, I love her too much, sensei but I think that she will probably forgot all about me now." Said Leo and he cried and his father hug him trying to calm him down.

Meanwhile back at the Canterlot Castle, Twilight was outside the balcony and look at the stars. She them took out the Love Crystal (she still doesn't know about the Crystal yet) that she found in her room at the castle in the demon world and she keeps thinking about Leo. Then music began to play and she starts to sing.

Twilight: Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you,
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go 'til we're gone

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

You're here, there's nothing I fear,
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

"Twilight." Twilight turn around and saw Shining Armor and Princess Cadence in front of her.

"Oh hi, how much did you hear?" Said Twilight.

"Everything sis." Said Shining Armor." Twilight look we just want to ask you something and hope that you won't get mad."

"Do you love Leonardo, the Demon King?" Asked Princess Cadence.

Twilights eyes went widen but then she had to tell them the truth." Yes, yes I love him. I love him so much that I really want see him again, hear his voice, and feel his arms around me. I REALLY LOVE HIM!"

Twilight heard a gasp behind her and Twilight turned to see Pinkie, Sunset, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Rarity standing in the doorway, their mouths dropped open.

"H-how long have you been standing there?" Twilight stammered.

Neither of them said anything for a while, until Pinkie suddenly burst into excitement.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Twilight's in love! And he loves you too! That is so romantic! You know what this calls for?" Said Pinkie

"NO!" everyone cried in unison.

"You mean you're not mad?" Twilight asked in wonder.

"Sweetie, we don't know what to think," Rarity explained. "We saw you've been miserable for the past few days. Now we know why. What we don't understand is how? How could you have fallen in love with that mon...demon?"

Twilight m faced her friends defiantly. "I know it's hard for you to understand, I find it hard to understand as well, and I don't expect you to ever understand, but Leo's is not as evil as you think. He might have been before, but he's changed."

"Even if you're right," Rainbow said slowly, "how do you know he really cares for you?"

"He let me go." Said Twilight.

"What if he just felt guilty or something? Not to be judgmental or anything, but it's a possibility." Asked Sunset.

"We just don't want you to get hurt," Rarity added.

"I don't need your approval," Twilight declared. "I am going back to Leo, whether you like it or not."

"We don't like it," Sunset confirmed. "We cannot stand to see you in the clutches of a monster. But...if he really has changed like you said..."

"He has! Believe me!" Said Twilight.

"But we cannot let you go out in the Everfree Forest alone and into the home of an unpredictable demon!" Said Shining Armor.

Twilight hung her head again.

"Which is why we're coming with you." Said Shining Armor.

Twilight perked up. "You are?"

"We are?" Rainbow asked. She cried out as Applejack poked her in the ribs. "Ow!"

"You bet your sweet shoes we are!" the cowgirl exclaimed.

"Ooh, this is gonna be fun!" Pinkie said, jumping for joy.

Rainbow Dash sighed. "Oh, what the heck? Somebody gotta protect you!"

"We may not understand your feelings for Leo," Sunset explained, "but who are we to stand in the way of you doing what you think is right?"

Twilight smiled at her friends. "Thanks, girls."

"Hold on!" Rarity commanded. "You're about to make a declaration of true love! You need to look stunning!"

And so Twilight and her family go back to the Demon World to see Leo again.