Chapter 4

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please don’t forget to comment and vote when you’re done! Happy reading!

To do what is right

Chapter 4

“I cannot believe they are coming to Hogwarts without any form of protection- it’s so dangerous- at least I had my Invisibility cloak! I cannot believe Hermione would be so stupid!” Harry yelled angrily as he and Severus made their way from the headmaster’s office to the Entrance Hall where, Harry hoped, Ron and Hermione would soon be bashing on the oak front doors.

Harry was pacing. After everything he had found out that night about Professor Snape, he didn’t want his friends to ruin it by making assumptions like he himself did earlier that night. But at the same time, Harry first and foremost wanted Ron and Hermione to arrive to Hogwarts safely; he didn’t know what he would do if something terrible was to happen to his best friends. So many thoughts were flying through Harry’s head and on top of everything else it was already so late- he felt terrible that Severus was still awake given the day he had had.

Severus was watching Harry pace, greatly amused. He had a feeling he knew why the boy was so agitated; not only were his friends travelling during dangerous times but they would be passing judgment on both he and Harry, and Snape could tell Harry really wanted them to understand.

Finally there was a heavy knock on the front door. Severus undid the protection around the castle with his wand then hid behind a nearby statue: a plan Harry and he had agreed on during their descent from the Headmaster’s office.

Taking a deep breath, Harry opened the door to see two people who were very cleverly camouflaged with their surroundings. Harry was relieved that Hermione had thought to use the Disillusionment charm to make herself and Ron less visible.

“Harry!” Hermione screamed, leaping over the threshold and hugging Harry to her as Ron closed the door behind them incase they were overheard.

“I’m so relieved you are okay, but you really shouldn’t leave us like that! Ron and I were worried sick, especially when you said you were coming home but never did! It’s been driving us crazy! In future please make sure-”

“I know Hermione, I’m really sorry,” Harry interrupted knowing that Hermione could continue on like this for hours, but Harry knew they really didn’t have the time and he didn’t particularly want to listen to her lecture. “I promise it will never happen again.”

“I’m glad you’re okay mate,” Ron said, patting Harry on the shoulder.

“Come on we better get out of here,” Hermione said urgently, making to pull Harry out of the castle.

“Why? It sounds like you are expecting something bad to happen,” Harry replied, not wanting to give himself away about the true reason as to why he wanted to stay.

“Oh Harry, we forgot to tell you! This morning whilst you were at Hogwarts, the Daily Prophet came early and on the front page, there was a report stating that Professor Snape is going to be Headmaster of Hogwarts this year! So we really must get out of here before-” But then Hermione broke off immediately and stared at Harry her eyes wide and scared.

“What is it, Hermione?” Ron asked, looking between Harry and Hermione, clearly concerned by the way she was looking at Harry. “Oh bloody hell, I hate it when you do this! Tell us what you’re thinking!” Ron demanded.

Ignoring Ron’s request, Hermione screamed “Ron, be careful!” brandishing her wand and pointing it at Harry when he made to take a step closer to his friends.

“What the?” Harry cried, putting his hands up in surrender and halting in his tracks. “Hermione what in god’s name are you doing?”

Ron was looking uncertainly between his two friends. “Hermione, would you bloody tell me what’s wrong!? Why are you pointing your wand at Harry? Have you gone mad?” Ron asked, looking extremely worried.