Second Arc- 10.12.15

Start from the beginning

Haru laughed, soon followed by Makoto. The brunette had never felt so relieved in his life. And the burning feeling? It's safe to say that it probably won't happen for a while.

"Haru?" Makoto called, gently shaking Haru. "You fell asleep. How long did you stay up?"

"Don't worry, I did sleep last night," Haru yawned, getting up. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Makoto smiled, sitting next to Haru as he dried his own hair. "Where's your lunchbox?"

"O-Oh," Haru looked down. All he saw was his backpack. "I guess I forgot to pack it cause I was in such a rush here."

"My mom'll make you lunch," Makoto offered, getting up.

The brunette reached his hand out to Haru, helping the dark-haired boy up. The two walked downstairs, where Makoto's mom had prepared Makoto breakfast.

"Geez," Makoto sighed, poking his fork on a waffle. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Hmm?" Haru asked, while Makoto fed some of his breakfast to him.

"I can't just say 'Haru's going to sit with us now'." Makoto complained. "What if you see 'New Transfer Student Finds His Spot at a Popular Table' on the school newspaper next week?"

"The school newspaper talks about that?" Haru pondered, his face stuffed with waffles.

"It's already bad enough I let you see my insecure side..." Makoto continued. "And you go to my house. Not to mention you know my mom... That's it!"

"Hmm?"

"I could say my mom met your mom and shes forced me to take care of you!" Makoto suggested. "'Cause you caused a lotta trouble at your old school and she thinks if I'm around you won't cause any trouble."

Haru flinched a bit. My old school... was the one causing me trouble.

"So, how does that sound?" Makoto asked, smiling at Haru.

"It sounds good." Haru agreed.

"Oh, Haru," Makoto remembered. "I've never been to your house before. How's your mo-"

"Oh right!" Haru pushed his chair back. "Our bentos your mom packed...where are they?"

"Bentos?"

"I-I mean lunches..." Haru blushed. Makoto's talk about Haru's home reminded him of his first language, Japanese.

"That's right, you're not from here are you?" Makoto wrapped his arm around Haru. "You're from Japan?"

Haru's eyes widened. "Y-Yea."

"How was school there?"

"Why are you asking?"

Makoto laughed. "I need to know so I can make an accurate cover-up. Besides..." Makoto held Haru from behind. "You like it when I'm considerate of you, right?"

Haru's face turned red. "Y-Yea."

"So tell me?"

But I don't want to tell Makoto, Haru argued with himself. But he opened up to me, shouldn't I do the same? But what if he gets scared? Wait... he shouldn't get scared, after all, it wasn't my fault that... Dang it! I don't want to remember...

That's right, I can lie as much as I want too. As long as it's reasonable and it doesn't involve others from Iwatobi. I just have to follow up with it... it'll make Makoto's life less stressful. But, I should at least ask for permission.

"I am allowed to make it up, right?" Haru asked. "That would make it easier for you, right?"

Makoto thought for a moment. "I guess... But you'll have to tell me the truth one day."

"Ah," Haru felt his heart drop. 

"After all," Makoto leaned towards Haru's ear. "I did tell you about my issues, so it's only fair if you tell me yours."

Haru shivered a bit from Makoto's hot breath. It wasn't a bad thing though, Haru loved being close to the brunette.

"One day, then," Haru decided. "For now, we could say that I'm often a quiet person, but when people piss me off I won't hesitate to break something. When the principal realized it was me who was causing all of the student injuries, he immediately expelled me. Of course, it was hard to get into another school in Japan that would accept me, so my mom asked your mom for help. Of course, your mom agreed and I transferred here."

"That's a pretty nice story." Makoto laughed. "I could never see you hurt someone, though."

"Barely any of it is true anyways," Haru shrugged. "Let's get going before we're late."

Makoto nodded. "If I don't listen to Haru I might get a broken arm."

"Shut up," Haru mumbled. "I wouldn't break your arm."

Makoto looked at Haru and smiled.

"Yea, I guess you're right."

--

...And there's the Second Arc! Half of me got scared that some people wanted the book to end with just the First Arc, but the other half told me to make the second one ;P Thank you for reading!

Also because of school I'll be updating every other Friday I apologize >.<