Chapter 18

"Get away from this house," I said angrily.

"You can't stop us from seeing her, she's our granddaughter," they argued.

"I can stop you from seeing her and if you come anywhere near her again, you'll be seeing us in court about a restraining order," I replied before slamming the door shut.

"Relax, it's ok," Luke assured me.

I walked back into the lounge and before I knew it, it was time for the birthday cake.

"Happy birthday to you," we all sang before Caspar and I helped Alana blow out her candles.

Luke got a text from Gina saying they were a couple of minutes away so he stood outside to wait for them. I, on the other hand, went out the back for a cigarette. Soon, I was joined by Caspar.

"Do you smoke around Alana?" He asked.

"No, I rarely smoke anyways. I only smoke when I'm stressed," I replied.

"Why are you stressed now?"

"Because my parents just showed up at the door basically demanding that they see Alana and I don't want them near her. You know that right? It's wrong isn't it?" I asked.

"Well they are her grandparents, it would be nice."

"Are you being serious right now?"

"Well they should get to see her more than they do."

"They don't see her at all."

Caspar went all quiet.

"Unless you let them see her when you look after her," I thought and said at the same time.

"You don't think they deserve it?"

"They deserve nothing and to rot in hell. For all I care right now, they could have died in prison."

"If you hated them that much why did you sneak drugs into prison for your dad?"

"Because at the time I felt sorry for him but now I feel nothing at all for him."

"You change your tune quickly."

I just sighed and sat down. A little tear left my right eye but I tried to hide it.

"I'm sorry for being a dick but I just don't agree with you. I didn't mean to make you cry," Caspar apologised.

"It's not you, it's me. I can't keep something I always lose things. Nothing ever stays the same for me. It's always change, change, change in my life. I wish things could just stay the same for once," I confessed.

"Things will last for you this time. You have a boyfriend who will treat you better than I did. You have a beautiful daughter. You have Zoe and Alfie around you, they're only a 10 minute drive away. You have your sister near you. You have everyone you could ever need around you -" Caspar was interrupted.

"You have the best Australians in your house right now, that's something to be happy about," Beau spoke while walking out next to Caspar.

I jumped up, dropped the cigarette and hugged him.

"Now, what's wrong? Why was Caspar listing people around you?" Beau asked.

I looked up to see Caspar had walked back inside.

"I'm just sick of change. He was naming things that he thinks will stay the same for me," I replied.

"Change is good, if you hadn't have went through some changes in your life then you wouldn't be right where you are now with a beautiful daughter and a loving family."

"Damn, who knew Beau Brooks would be good at giving advice?" I joked before giving him one last hug before I went back inside with him.

"Gina!" I shouted while running up to her and giving her a big hug.

"I'm so happy to see you. Alana is looking as beautiful as ever," Gina complimented.

"Aren't you forgetting about somebody here?" Jai asked.

"How could I forget you? I could hear you when you were at the airport with that mouth," I joked before giving him a hug.

I love reunions. I love everybody in this room. This is going to be a heck of a life.