Chapter Eight: Albus Attempts (Almost) To Fix Everything

When Nova and Albus stepped onto the train, they heard loud laughter coming from a single compartment. They looked at each other and headed towards it

Through the glass, Albus could see Rose with some Gryffindors, whom he had seen at the sorting but didn't know by name. There was two guys and a girl with her. He knocked on the door, Nova a few steps behind him. All the students turned to look, and when Rose saw him, he had no idea what she was thinking. Her face was unreadable.

Taking a deep breath, he slid open the door, and stepped inside. He realized Nova was still in the hallway, and had no plans to accompany him. He would have to fix this alone.

After a few awkward moments, Rose spoke up.

"Albus? What are you doing here?"

Instead of a casual answer, like he mean't, everything he had been thinking about came out.

"I'm sorry Rose! Really! I can't believe I was such a jerk to let one spat ruin years of friendship. I was trying to find the courage to make it up to you, but I was cowardly! And weak! I'm such a Slytherin, I'm sorry."

To his utmost horror, Nova poked her head in the compartment.

"Speak for yourself! All Slytherins aren't cowardly and weak. But I guess you were." With her addition, she closed the the again.

Rose and her friends looked shocked. The boy across from her spoke up.

"Rose do you want us to leave?"

"No it's fine," she said fiercely "Anything I say is fine for you to hear. Look Albus, the apology really does help, and I think we can fix this, but barging in here with your girlfriend..."

"For the last time, she isn't my girlfriend!"

"Whatever. That wasn't the best idea. You could have gave me a heads up! After that valiant apology, I'll look like a total arse if I don't become your friend again." She started to smile.

"Does that mean?"

"Yes Albus it does. I though you were mad because I had been so rude to your friends. If your in Slytherin, they can't all be that bad."

Albus, in a bout of joy, flung his hands around her. Everyone around them started laughing.

"Hey Slytherin, don't get so fresh with Rose," The other boy exclaimed.

"Relax Chico he's my cousin."

Albus stepped back and took in the other people for the first time. He realized it was rude to leave them unacknowledged.

"Hey," he said awkwardly, "What are your names?"

They looked at each other, as if deciding if they should answer. Rose have them a look and they complied.

"Matsuko." "Levin." "Chino."

"Nice. I'm Albus."

"We know," said Matsuko dryly.

"Well, that's nice...."

There was another pause. Nova stepped into the compartment.

"We shouldn't keep the cool uncle waiting...."

"The cool uncle?"

----------------------------------------------
Teddy looked annoyed when the three headed back.

"How long does it take to get Rose?"

The station was nearly deserted and he was looking pointedly at his watch.

"Molly's so excited for your girlfriend..."

Albus was on the verge of losing it, so Teddy put his hand up in truce.

"Friend. Sorry. But if I bring you late, Mollys will get steamed, so let's go!"

"How are we going to the Burrow anyways?"

"I'm driving," said Teddy with a grin.

The three children looked at each other, a mixture of terror and exasperation in their eyes.

"I'm not that bad at driving," Teddy protested, "I passed the muggle driving test!"

Rose rolled her eyes.

"With a wand, that doesn't mean much."

After 25 minutes of borderline illegal driving, the car finally screeched to a stop in front of the Burrow.

"I think I'm going to be sick," muttered Albus

"Never again," said Rose.

Nova looked like she was trying to focus on a fixed point in the distance.

"You guys are exaggerating," said Teddy offhandedly, " My driving isn't that bad."

"Isn't it?

Albus, Nova and, Rose, all still shaken from the ride, climbed up the front steps. Teddy knocked on the door. After a few moments of hurried footsteps, the door was flung open.

"Welcome home," said Molly Weasley